ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosepipe ban, what technique?

I have a Nilfisk :eek:

I'll have to check to see if it is capable of doing it too!
OK, Karcher says this:

This high-pressure cleaner is suited to work
with the KÄRCHER suction hose with backflow
valve (Optional accessory, order no.
4.440-238) to draw in surface water, e.g. from
water butts or ponds (see specifications for
max. suction height).
 Fill the KÄRCHER suction hose with
backflow valve with water, screw to water
supply and hang into the water butt.
 Separate the high pressure hose from the
high pressure connection of the appliance.
 Switch the appliance on (I/ON) for a max.
of 2 minutes and wait until the water exits
the high-pressure connection without bubbles.
 Turn off the appliance "0/OFF".

http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Product...eck+valve&title=Suction+hose+with+check+valve

I don't see what is so special about that pipe, probably find exactly same from a hose which I think BIFCAIDS showed.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Nothin to be confused by, simply a hose into a bucket of water with a weight on the end of the hose and use the pressure washer and fill bucket when its low. It had full pressure and everything ;D

Oh yeah. The hold a unlimited supply of water don't they.

I'll ask the question again. Have you not seen a reservoir before? The point is, by the time the reservoir has gone down by any noticeable amount, it will have rained again, thus filling up the water reserves.

It's quite simple, when you think about it.

Surely you'd do those bits before the ban, and after, using the watering can to clean the bits that you can actually see ie. the body?

PH1
Have you not seen a reservoir before? The point is, by the time the reservoir has gone down by any noticeable amount, it will have rained again, thus filling up the water reserves.

It's quite simple, when you think about it.
Thats the mechanics of it but the only problem is that the
it will have rained again
is not guranteed to be within time or the required quantity.
It takes time for the rainfall to make its way to the reservoir, and this can be futher delayed by the ground conditions.

From memory, a power wash was excluded from the last ban as it doesn't "use" the same quantities as an open ended hose.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ONR Is the way forward at times like these, although Im alright as we need to use the hosepipe for washing our aeroplanes .... :D

ONR Is fantastic stuff though!

Thats the mechanics of it but the only problem is that the is not guranteed to be within time or the required quantity.
It takes time for the rainfall to make its way to the reservoir, and this can be futher delayed by the ground conditions.

From memory, a power wash was excluded from the last ban as it doesn't "use" the same quantities as an open ended hose.

Hose pipe bans are a precautionary step against droughts that lead to more serious issues. If things really got to dangerous levels of reserves, there would be wider scale bans on water useage. While I agree with your points, that's not the right line of argument here.

Your last point is, however, spot on. Pressure over volume used has excluded them... thus far.

PH1
that's not the right line of argument here
My comments are not a basis for any arguing, but if I was looking to put together a compelling case to support a ban, I don't think I could of put it any better than......................
Hose pipe bans are a precautionary step against droughts that lead to more serious issues:D
The idea that the selfish act of flaunting a ban, even though there are alternative options available, MAY result in my domestic water supply being interrupted is compelling enough to convince me that I need to make that call to the water board;)

Clean car v's Running mains water for Washing/cleaning/food preparation/flushing toilet when I need it

Hose pipe bans are a precautionary step against droughts that lead to more serious issues. If things really got to dangerous levels of reserves, there would be wider scale bans on water useage. While I agree with your points, that's not the right line of argument here.
Haven't you just supported the argument for not ignoring a hose pipe ban?

My comments are not a basis for any arguing, but if I was looking to put together a compelling case to support a ban, I don't think I could of put it any better than......................

The idea that the selfish act of flaunting a ban, even though there are alternative options available, MAY result in my domestic water supply being interrupted is compelling enough to convince me that I need to make that call to the water board;)

Clean car v's Running mains water for Washing/cleaning/food preparation/flushing toilet when I need it

...do you wash your apples before eating them? I don't, therefore I use less water than those that do. Do you wash all your clothes together and use a colour catcher? I do, so use less water than those that don't. Do you leave the tap running when you brush your teeth, or switch it off until you need it? I do the latter.

We could go on for ages, but quite frankly, I a; have very little time and b; really don't care.

Haven't you just supported the argument for not ignoring a hose pipe ban?

No. But thanks for asking all the same.

Now I remember why I am so happy my new role is much more time consuming.

Gally, I'm out.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Cut out the middleman, take your car to the water source!
carhouse_1452895c.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
...do you wash your apples before eating them? I don't, therefore I use less water than those that do. Do you wash all your clothes together and use a colour catcher? I do, so use less water than those that don't. Do you leave the tap running when you brush your teeth, or switch it off until you need it? I do the latter.

We could go on for ages, but quite frankly, I a; have very little time and b; really don't care.

No. But thanks for asking all the same.

Now I remember why I am so happy my new role is much more time consuming.

Gally, I'm out.

Pmsl! Served iirc.

Clio 197
i have done a bit of research on ONR myself as i have to wash with watering cans as i have no outside water supply, have a look on YouTube for optimum no rinse demonstrations - along wits alot of threads on detailing world dispel any concerns i had about it, i will be trying it soon!

Not a 320d
Im not reading through four pages of gally and JD fratanising. So im going to put this out here. Its probably already been mentioned in every single post.

But.....

ONR.