ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hotmail

White APE
Ive just booted up my laptop and gone to go on my emails and it came up saying hotmail was unsafe so wouldn't open it. That was in chrome. Tried in Firefox and that said it was an unsafe connection.

Has something changed that I don't know about and my googling skills are that bad or do i have an issue on my laptop?

All other sites load fine. Only hotmail has issues.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've been getting this as well so just logging in on the windows live webpage hotmail used to redirect to now.

I'm guessing they've closed the hotmail link or something, thought I have no idea.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Working fine for me in Chrome and Firefox . I used Maxthon as my main browser , it's working fine on there too .

Clio 1.4; focus 2.0
If your tech savy you can flush your DNS and see if it helps...

Hold windows key and press "R" , then type CMD and and press enter, then type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press enter.

This sometimes will fix this problem because your computer will store DNS and if the DNS is updated then it's trying to access a Secure site (HTTPS) with an old DNS...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My girlfriend has this a while back, I think it was because Microsoft updated some security thing. Can you not click through and get on it to? I think she had to acknowledge something, been fine since.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just had a certificate error using the mail app on my iPad, wonder whether ms are messing around with the certificates, the certificate I saw didn't mention Microsoft something about cloud instead.

dk

911 GTS Cab
nothing wrong with Hotmail. ive used it for years and don't have any issues with it. Bit like using outlook web access anyway these days, its one of those things that gets a bad rep but its served me well for nearly 20 years.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've always used hotmail, have a gmail though. Would it be advised to use the gmail and make my hotmail redundant then?

Clio 172 PH2
Gmails a far superior mailing client! Usually alot less spam and afaik theres no IMAP support for hotmail! I couldnt live without IMAP!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gmails a far superior mailing client! Usually alot less spam and afaik theres no IMAP support for hotmail! I couldnt live without IMAP!

Fair enough, only thing I'd be concerned about is security tbh. Don't really have any trouble with spam and it does everything I need to do.

What is IMAP? Lol.

Clio 172 PH2
Theyre all as secure as one another id say bud :) IMAP... the easiest way of explaining it is, when I read an email on my android, it also marks it as read on outlook in the office, and mail on my galaxy tab :) meaning you dont have several "unread" mail showing when youve already read em. also folders sync across the devices too!

dk

911 GTS Cab
why do you need IMAP?

i use hotmail with my iPad, and my iPhone through the built in apps, what more do i need?

i keep my work outlook for work email personally.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Theyre all as secure as one another id say bud :) IMAP... the easiest way of explaining it is, when I read an email on my android, it also marks it as read on outlook in the office, and mail on my galaxy tab :) meaning you dont have several "unread" mail showing when youve already read em. also folders sync across the devices too!
pop does this fine on an iPhone, when i read or delete messages on there, they are the same in hotmail?

dk

911 GTS Cab
there just seems to be a stigma attached to hotmail, all the cool kids use gmail, i have a gmail account, still prefer my hotmail though, especially now its running outlook.com too, much better, i seem to get more spam in my gmail than i do my hotmail too, i have thousands of spam in my spam folder in hotmail, so i know its very good at sorting it out.

2014 Focus Titanium
Hotmail is brilliant. I have a Gmail account but have no idea why people rave about Gmail, it's no different really.