ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hottuning Coilovers

Dynamique
First post on this forum guys so be gentle!

Basically as title, has anyone had any experience with these coilovers. I don't care about handling/ride quality as the car will be slammed. I'm just looking for a cheap set of coilovers.

Cheers,Adam.

Dynamique
I've had them before in another car but wanted to hear your opinions on using them in the clio. I need to pay-up :eek: before I can check out the group buy on the Raceland coilovers!

172 and vw passat
Iv got them on my bora needed a replacement front strut within 8months. But there good for there money :)

ph1 track weapon
Iv got them on my bora needed a replacement front strut within 8months. But there good for there money :)

+1

had them on my bora too. were good enough for the money, somehow sold them on for more than i paid for them new too!

ed

audi a6 3.0tdi
Had them on a corsa and wasn't too impressed but can't be any better/worse than the racelands or vmaxx. I'd give them a go if you can get them around the £170 mark as thats what i paid for them. When i bought them you just put a bid in and they'd either accept it or add a tenner on to it. They'll be ok if you just want it for looks and not over all performance.

Dynamique
It's only for 'looks'...performance in a 1.2 haha! The racelands are the wrong hub spacing for mine. I'll give these hottuning ones a whirl...

Focus ST
hottuning and raceland are the same company iirc?

well.... i bought hot tuning and the box had raceland plastered all over it?!

Here's how my astra sat...

008.jpg

I'm fairly sure hot-tuning and raceland are the same company - or partnered

Hottuning used to be the people who sold raceland strut braces and seats on ebay from raceland

audi a6 3.0tdi
As long as you keep the helper springs on the front you'll be fine with them. I took the helper springs out and then wound them right to the bottom so no wonder mine rode like they did as they had no travel left in them. It did look good though.

Dynamique
These are the cheapest coilovers I could find for non-sports. As laura said, I reckon the raceland/hottuning/unit3 all come from the same factory! I'll give them a whirl and write a review once I've got them fitted. I'm not expecting good ride quality but tbh that doesn't bother me..it'll look sick as fook slammed on some 2118s :cool: