ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

House phone in use= internet stops working

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else have this or know what it is!!??

If we ring out or someone rings in the internet stops working and will then start working again a minute or two after the phone call has been ended.

we have everything through Sky.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Got the filters in?

First thing that came into my head then was the air filter on my 182 and the filter in my hand held Dyson.

you will need to treat me like an idiot otherwise i don't understand lol. Filter, explain this terminology to me?

WRX
Little box which the phone line then plugs into, almost like a 6" extension lead. From your line socket then plug the filter in, then phone line into that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Adsl filter, has to be one plugged in at every point a phone is plugged in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Look like this

47009.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, il have a check. So just to confirm, this will be located at the wall where the phone line wire is, not in the actual phone/sky box?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Define sky box, as in sky HD box Or sky router, it's plugged in to the phone line, every internet i've ever had has these included and massive important insutructions about them lol.

First thought that came into my head after seeing the title was ADSL filter. They usually go a bit crappy after a few years. Also try plugging just you phone and ADSL router into your BT master socket and see if that works okay

Definitely missing an ADSL filter

Every phone socket in the house needs to have one to split the signal into computer & phone. Without one when the phone rings or someone rings out it talks "over" the computer signal and kills the internet connection

Check everywhere a phone or the modem plugs into the wall and make sure there's a filter in there