ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How accurate is your speedo

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Im pretty chuffed with mine

@ and indicated 124mph Im actually doing 122.24mph as indicated by a speed trap at the Gerotek testing facility

10% tolerance is allowed

not everyone has the ability to test their speedos without getting caught by a gatso or speed camera

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

damn I wish I still had that photo of me with the gps unit, speedo said 60mph, GPS said 60.4mph

puttin bigger wheels on a car can put the speedo out as a bigger wheel acts as a bigger gear.depends on where the speedo takes its readin from

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

In my case I reckon the 16" 205/45 could have made it more accurate...either that or it was spot on and is now 1.6% out

Clio v6

I look at mine more often when approaching cameras, and when it says 40 they dont flash so I guess it must be reasonably accurate.

mines out by bout 5%

i got a diddy steerin wheel so cant see my speedo properly so had to learn the MPH by the revs

13s = never tested

15s = 5th gear 3000RPM = 70MPH

17s = 5th gear 3000RPM = 67MPH

where can u get em recaliberated?