ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How annoying!!!!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Does anyone else find the turning circle of the 182's a right pain in the arse? It's like trying to turn a bus around.

Haven't really noticed any difference between the Cup and my previous Dynamique to be honest, doesn't seem to bad.

You should see a V6 try to turn around in a tightish space, now thats bus like!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I drive a Grand Scenic and the 182, they seems to be quite a difference between them. I can't say i've seen a V6 turning, i have hardly seen one on the road at all.

MINI JCW
yes i agree the turning circle is a right pain

as for the V6,Clarkson once said 'oil tanker captains have been known to say that their ships have the turning circles of clio V6's!

172cup
gazcaddy said:
yes i agree the turning circle is a right pain

as for the V6,Clarkson once said 'oil tanker captains have been known to say that their ships have the turning circles of clio V6's!

didn't he prove this with a range rover running circles round him... ?

Yup, compared to my old 1.2 Clio that would turn around on a sixpence the 172 is terrible. When I first got it I thought I'd forgotten how to park!

MINI JCW
d.brown said:
didn't he prove this with a range rover running circles round him... ?

yeah it showed you a range rover a V6 255 turning will full lock on and the v6 didnt couldnt turn round on the runway without going on the grass, the range rover did it quite easy

clio 182 black /gold
Its that bad somtimes i strugle parking outside my houe Where normaly in the corsa i jus swung it in. lol

133/225/CLS AMG
Turning circle definitely wasn't that tight for such a small car.

Used to fin my mums Focus could turn tighter than my 172!!

ClioSport 182
Crud turning circle is a small price to pay for such a brill car!
Would be interested to know why though ...

KnightAzul

Der Panzer
Yup, turning circle not included. It really gets on my t*ts, espeicially in suburban Glasgow. Definately not a town car.

Lets face it though chaps, we weren'ty thinking turning circles when we bought them. :approve:

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
I dream of a turning circle like my 172 did ... tho' not to the point I'd ever change my car from the Vee tho' ;). Never had a problem in the 172, but the Vee is humorously bad. Forget driving forward into a parking space, and even reversing normally requires a couple of bites since the width of the typical car park road is too narrow. Forget multistorey carparks too ... even if you can handle the clearances needed for the ramps you're unlikely to be able to deal with the tight turns. Basically think about turning your 172/182 on full lock, but then that lock stopping 40% short.

When Clarkson said "it sounds like a supercar, it's as mid-engined as a supercar ..." (or something like that) ... he forgot to add it's got the turning circle of a supercar ;). This is why I was crying with tears of laughter at the TopGear episode where they got the supercars stuck in the hotel car park ... because I've been there too :eek:.

The turning circle on our 7-seater Citroen C8 is f**king wonderful tho' ... it feels like it's turning its front wheels at 90% and swivelling on the back wheels :D.

Lock is toss but who cares and its still better than my mates old 206 gti running 17s and stupid low suspension every parking space was a 57 shunt back and forth manouver.