ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How awesome r clios!!

Just got my clio back on the road after a brief spell in my garage and fuk me i love clios lol.

ive got a 1.8 16v and i just think its the best car ive ever had so much fun to drive!!!

me and my mate were talkin about the 182s and how they must be mint (wish i cud afford one).

are they even better???

Focus ST
182's are good fun but you'll have enough fun in a 1.816v, I know I miss mine! Good chuckable fun!

Monaro VXR
Love my 1.2 16v as well mate they are just good chuckable cars. My 1.2 might not be fast i still drive it hard all the time though only way to get the sod to move. And going into tights bends at 30-70 is the only way to keep speed up. Great fun wee cars. Know what ya mean about 182's etc though i went an basically had one brand new 182 cup for £11K from the dealer got my isnurance quote and had to say no to it as a result after a £7000 a year insurance quote and im 22.

I've not driven a 16v but if its only 75% of what a 182 can do then it's a fine car. I love my 182Cup to bits. Rather than getting used to it and it getting dull with age, it just gets better every day. I only pay £480 fully comp with no claims protector though. Saying that - I went through the years wanting to be insurable on good cars but I had to earn my wings and wait. Its the way of the world.

they are good, but awesome?

best clio i've driven was comfortably the williams if only for the driving sperience, so much feedback, you just knew everything the car was doing, wasn't overly impressed with the 17/182 but there are areas that would have to be improved if i were ever to own one

182 w/busted splitter :-(
I think the best thing I can say about my 182 is that whenever I drive it, once I get the hell out of the traffic and on to the open road, it manages to make me grin like the Cheshire Cat whenever I hammer the "go" pedal!

The 182 is the most enjoyable car I've had in years, it may have a few rough edges in terms of the build quality but you forgive it when the tacho climbs just a little after 5,000rpm....

A friend had a Williams a few years ago, (a mark 1, I think) and that was an awesome car - but every time I drive the 182, it's just fun, fun, fun!

MKIII 138
are cups included in this convo ? i just did 6.22 on a damp road in the cup with back seats out. lol all for such a cheap price.. i also got 47.3 mpg on a slow weeks driving.

BMW E46 330i Touring
God I love my 172 too! Just been driving around, doing errands, occasionally putting my foot down, but mostly stuck in traffic, and I still love it!

Just watching people's heads turning when they hear it coming is great!

And plus, a guy actually let me out of a junction within seconds of me getting to the turning, which would never have happened in my Fiesta!

I'm sure routine problems will dull my enthusiasm, but Renaultsport rocks!

G

Gav_172CUP

i love my 172 Cup, loads of fun, that engine tone makes me smile everytime!!!!

Scirocco GT 210
acrebo said:
And plus, a guy actually let me out of a junction within seconds of me getting to the turning, which would never have happened in my Fiesta!

I get this too, a lot more people let me out and wave me in etc than in my old car (also a fiesta).... maybe it's just an anti-fiesta thing :D

I also get loads of people in modded car waving at me or flashing at me, even though my car is 100% standard. Crazy

MINI JCW
wozzaa said:
Love my 1.2 16v as well mate they are just good chuckable cars. My 1.2 might not be fast i still drive it hard all the time though only way to get the sod to move. And going into tights bends at 30-70 is the only way to keep speed up. Great fun wee cars. Know what ya mean about 182's etc though i went an basically had one brand new 182 cup for £11K from the dealer got my isnurance quote and had to say no to it as a result after a £7000 a year insurance quote and im 22.

Try Elephant.co.uk, and put your mum on as an additional driver.

Im 22 and for the 10 month policy i pay £950, chepaest by a mile for me!

Not just me then lol!!!

only thing that bothers me is the fact i cant drive it slow, u touch the accelerator and it just seems to ask for more and more lol. brill fun!!!

ST
CTR for me next....realiability and dealer service sell it for me with the honda....though my 1.2 16v has been good to me the dealers are rubbish, and it's started to go a little pear shaped recently, misfiring and having it in at the dealer twice this week and all they done was replace the spark plugs, after being in twice it's still not right so in again on wed this week for a new throttle body!

80MPG BEEZA
I can say from converting my 1.2 into the 172 both are fun and the clio is the best car i have ever driven it handles like a go kart only difference is the 172 has the go factor anyone may have problems but its the best car ever good looks and speed and handling to boot

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm tempted by the Type R in a few years as well, but they've become very common which puts me off a bit. I've always gone for fairly unique cars....

Maybe a Golf GTi in a few years, more family orientated too! :(

MKIII 138
one thing to remember is that if your into cars fixing is part of the hobby, some dont like that bit some are happy to replace the broken bit with an uprated part eventually creating a hybrid a real one off car you can be proud off and really shifts.

I like the CTR, I looked at a few before I bought my Cup, what put me off was the fact that on any given day I can drive to work (which is 3 miles from where I live) and see half a dozen of them before I pull onto the carpark.

Still a great car though and may end up with one in a couple of years when it comes time to change mine.