ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How big are your bonnet/wing clio/182/172 panel gaps?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
As the title says. Some stupid idiot caused a guy to run into me in February and I have been convinced since having the car back that the new bonnet and wings are not close enough. I will post some pictures of mine tomorrow but I am so sure that they were closer before the accident.

Basically what I am on about if you don't know is the space between the bonnet and the front wings either side. Where they join.

If you could post up pictures when you have time to take some that would be fantastic.

And some feedback on mine when I post them up would be good as well.

Thank you very much.

Rob

Still haven't managed to get a photo. But I would say mine are more than that.

I have been back to the garage twice about this, and he said that they couldn't do it anymore otherwise the wing wouldn't line up against the window where the other panel is properly.

Okay, I just remembered to take some photos of the panel gaps. If anybody else could post some then I would be very greatful. I don't know if you will be able to tell much from the photos but I am sure they are too big.

Photo-0210.jpg

Photo-0211.jpg

Photo-0212.jpg

Photo-0213.jpg

Renault Clio1.2Versailles
thats some pretty big gappage! but nothing i would worry about, unless the bonnet and wings haven't been put on properly...

M2 Competition
Gap between bonnet and headlights looks too big, is bonnet closed properly.

I know the panel gaps are quite big on renaults normally tho.

Yeah the bonnet is closed properly. Its not the gap there thats worrying me. Pretty sure that it hasn't changed. Just the ones between the wings and bonnet.

Suppose I am overreacting a bit. :)

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Gaps on wings to bonnet look slightly bigger than normal, but would say they are ok. However gaps to headlights look a bit too big.

Dave