ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How big is your dipstick :P

Since having a phase 2 engine put into replace my phase 1 (by a dodgy garage I won’t go to again!) the dipstick has never gone all the way back into the engine. About a centimetre extra sticks out of the hole.

I know I’ve got a phase 1 sump (for some reason the garage decided to swap them over) but I was wondering if I had a dipstick from the phase 2 would it give me a false reading?

I called Renault and they were no help at all. The engine has done about 10k since I got it in but doesn’t like it when the oil gets much below the max mark and it’s just occurred to me I could be running it on less oil than I think.

The dipstick I’ve got is 20 inches (inc plastic and seals at the top)
the minimum mark is 1” from the bottom and the maximum is 2” from the bottom.

Can anyone please tell me erm... how long theirs is and what phase engine they have?!?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Well the phase I had a smaller sump then the phase two and therefore two different size dip sticks.
Get a phase 2 sump put on there.

Trophy

Rob,

There should be a coloured mark on the handle end of the dipstick!
Give Nick Hill a call and hell let you know what colour it should be.

Mat.

does that mean where i have to put 6.5 litres in the phase 1 only have to put about 5 litres in. pisses me off having to buy two bottles.

I gave Nick Hill a call and he said the blue dot (which I have) is the phase 1, black is the phase 2 and white is the Williams.

He has a load of sticks there I could try but its a bit far for me to travel so hes given me a number for a breakers up here so ill try them!