ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I make my exhaust louder without a decat?

Looking for 182
Hello,

I have a Milltek cat-back system on my 182, and I'd like it to be a tiny bit noisier, but I'm reluctant to get a decat due to:

1 - Too noisy probably
2 - Emissions light would do my head in
3 - Having to change it over for MOTs

What other options are there?

Megane 225 F1
I take it the Miltek doesn't have centre sections.

Just get a decat. When's you MOT due. There are plenty of places that will turn a blind eye to emmisions for the test. And the engine management light can be turned out (for a few thousand miles. Mine has just come back on after 3k miles done.)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hello,

I have a Milltek cat-back system on my 182, and I'd like it to be a tiny bit noisier, but I'm reluctant to get a decat due to:

1 - Too noisy probably I cant comment on this one.
2 - Emissions light would do my head in You might be lucky and only have to turn it off once.
3 - Having to change it over for MOTs Hand the tester an extra £10 ;)

What other options are there?

Listerine & Poledo
to make your car sound boken, why not just kick the back box clean off?

this has the same aural effect as a fancy system

R26
I got mine done at Jabbasport in Peterborough. 80 quid all in I think, including supplying the pipe and enlarging the cat etc.

I'm sure most exhaust places would do it though :)

Megane 265 Cup
Just get a decat, I have a milltek with decat, started without the decat first but thought it could do with having a bit more of a note off it, so bought the decat and it sounds fantastic now, love it! Also it isn't loud unless you have your foot down and doesn't drone on the motorway either.

Looking for 182
I'm fairly certain I want to go ahead with what Dean. has had done, a cat mod > 2.5" straight through to backbox, removing the centre silencer. This way, I get a bit more noise, but hopefully not decat levels, and from the pictures in Dean's thread it looks like it should eliminate any exhaust blowing which I currently suffer from.

I've contacted Jabbasport and JMS, just waiting to hear back on costs, etc.