ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How could you tell on Omex if your lambda was done

Cro

Meg'd r27
As above anything that you could check or look for, I'm getting a bad misfire and isn't plugs, leads don't seem to make a difference and it's not affecting it too much so doubt coilpack

Cro

Meg'd r27
Depends on the gear rexy, seems to pull ok in 1st, okish in 2nd all others from low revs it misfires and must be overfuelling with the black spots on my rear. Seems to jump into life again just after 5.5/6k.

Cheers Danny, what am I looking for in the log? Can you check the phaser solenoid on Omex?

ITB'd MK1
faulty lambda on omex normally leads to the maximum amount of extra fuel possible being added by lambda feedback, causes a random rich misfire, normally where you're trying to cruise at 30 (annoying). It's actually easier to spot a difference by setting OX FB to 0 (switched off), then drive the car. if it makes no difference then it's not lambda causing your issue. (to turn lambda back on set OX FB to 98ms ;) )

coming to life again at 5.5/6k sounds like something else in honesty

Cro

Meg'd r27
Hmm my ox fb rate is already set to 0 :S should I crack it to 98ms and see how that goes? That would mean it was never taking a reading then i suppose?

Cro

Meg'd r27
And whatever is the problem it must have something to do with or affecting cylinder 2, no difference in engine idle when its lead is removed from the coilpack. New plugs and a variety of changing leads. The coilpack is giving a spark but I also thought when they go they take pairs of cylinders with them rather than one...

Edit scratch that- Drives bloody awful with that lead disconnected so must be ok.

ITB'd MK1
Hmm my ox fb rate is already set to 0 :S should I crack it to 98ms and see how that goes? That would mean it was never taking a reading then i suppose?

thats never been turned on then, eliminates the sensor causing the problem at least.

sounds like you've got an injector down

Cro

Meg'd r27
Should be ok then when I stick the meggy ones in then for the cam change.
Why would it overfuel if one was dodgy?

ITB'd MK1
Should be ok then when I stick the meggy ones in then for the cam change.
Why would it overfuel if one was dodgy?

you didn't say it was overfueling did you? i said it MAY have been a rich misfire if the lambda was faulty, but we ruled that out.

it will obviously misfire if there's no fuel at all

ITB'd MK1
it could even be something totally not ECU related like the throttle bodies have gone out of balance. Have you checked them recently?

TPS signal ok?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Purely because of the nasty black soot spots on the boot and rear screen I came to the overfuelling conclusion.

I'm almost certain that they are OUT of balance while I fiddled with the idle but didn't think they'd be causing that much of a problem.

Tps is giving a signal to map3000 fine so I presume its ok

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol well yes I have that too adey but would it not be more oily than black soot? haha I make the car sound like its falling apart, thank fook its getting a good seeing to over easter

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
both my ph1s ended up leaking oil of some sort and it made the rear of the car spotty black within a few miles of driving after a clean,wasnt really oily on my car tho it was, just looked like the same symptoms and itd be odd for the car to sudenly start running so rich you were getting actual soot out of it

Cro

Meg'd r27
Cool, could just be a few different things then. Hopefully just an injector or something simple

Cro

Meg'd r27
Injectors all giving .15ohms so they are ok. I'll hope for the out of balance issue then.

It seems fine at half throttle all the way through the range but give it full and it'll start to bog down a bit

ITB'd MK1
if bodies are out of balance then all cylinders will be fueling differently. mine picked up a mice flat spot when a balance screw unwound itself. easy to sort