ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how did every one buy there car

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Worked my way up saving as i went.

Corsa GSI (£660) Cat D, (wrote off again)
Corsa 1.2
Corsa 1.4
Lupo GTi
Mini Cooper S Works
(Banned for 12 months)
Brabus Roadster
MG ZR(run around untill i found the right clio)
Clio 182 Cup

Focus ST
Would never get finance or a loan... wouldn't even borrow money

Saved the pennies to buy all the cars i've had, Just downgraded to the cup to free up some money for the house

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Finance! im not as rich as 75% of you cnuts! managable payments, i still buy what i like for the cup and its far from not being spoiled;) I dont see the problem with finance tbh if you can afford the payment as well as living and having a flat etc why not :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I never understand those that are dead against borrowing money - its a way of life. If I were to go out tomorrow and buy a newer car for 10k would I use my savings? No. I would get a loan or finance.

Once you have a decent amount of cash the thought of paying for something up front like that is not for me.

If you have the income I don't see any problem. I suppose people living with their parents may find it different as they will prob have very little outgoings and be able to accumulate savings quickly.

I would say a large percentage of people buying cars for more than 10k would do so on finance and 10k for a new car is cheap.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
passed my test, sold my shotgun the day after for £900 and went and baught a lil 1.2 for £1000 lol

jamie

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Remortgaged the House and Sold the very profitable business.

Still saving for the 172!!....Duff bank advise ;)

Saving Uni loans and working ones derrier off :D

Honda & VW
I sold a few cars and was lucky enough to make a few grand on them, put that with some money i got given and here i am :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Saved up a lot from temping over the summer, and used the money from the sale of my last car.

Not a bad car to have for a uni student IMO.

Za**** & Xr250R
Sold my golf 08 r32 due to a driving ban the clio 182 was the fastest and cheapest to insure but turned out to be as fast as the r32 up to 100mph

audi a6 3.0tdi
clio was bought with cash and got a loan for the vectra. I don't see why you should save up when you could be enjoying something now.