ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do clios compare to ctr's in a drag race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
been looking at clios what they make on the rollers seems to be around 170 bhp with basic mods. civic type r's seems to make a s**t load more with filters and exhausts on the rollers some make 232bhp how does the clio compare to these modded ctrs on the road when accelerating?

'99 Vectra 1.8
on the same set of roller's? bear in mind you're likely to get different results from every rolling road, think the Civic's are around 201bhp standard but I can't see an extra 30bhp being realised from just exhaust and filter mods... even on Jap engines that for some reason seem to respond better to mods

the Civic will also be a bit heavier than a Clio as it would be in the same class as the Megane really

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
It depends who is the better driver, so little in it.

A civic will pull slightly at stupis speeds.

Or just find a road with a slight incline....

ps, drag races are not what a clio is designed for.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
on the same set of roller's? bear in mind you're likely to get different results from every rolling road, think the Civic's are around 201bhp standard but I can't see an extra 30bhp being realised from just exhaust and filter mods... even on Jap engines that for some reason seem to respond better to mods

the Civic will also be a bit heavier than a Clio as it would be in the same class as the Megane really
i would seriously believe the fact they go crazy off just an exhaust and filter

Next time you're up and close to a CTR get a look at the diameter of the exhaust, its about 1.75-2 inches, massive increases to be had

My bro has one, and a mate does, with ITG maxogen or gruppe m filter and a good exhaust, fujitsu etc you get really good gains, upto 230 bhp has been known with 4-2-1 mani

A Beautiful R32
Can we have a club rule that either?

1) As a new member of the club you MUST make a post asking about CTRs & 182s

2) All threads on CTRs and 182s are banned as they have been...

DONE TO DEATH

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7

DONE TO DEATH

been smoked by a ctr lately?
just curious never raced one yet.

'99 Vectra 1.8
i would seriously believe the fact they go crazy off just an exhaust and filter

Next time you're up and close to a CTR get a look at the diameter of the exhaust, its about 1.75-2 inches, massive increases to be had

My bro has one, and a mate does, with ITG maxogen or gruppe m filter and a good exhaust, fujitsu etc you get really good gains, upto 230 bhp has been known with 4-2-1 mani

now you're talking about manifolds too though :rasp:, I didn't believe you could get gains like that from just an exhaust and filter on a 2.0 engine that's already tuned to produce 200bhp but then again I've never had any experience with Type-R's so wouldn't know anyway :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

DONE TO DEATH
i dnt mind still reading them, getting different peoples opinions etc, its just the winjy ones that go on about repetitive threads and comments that do my head in, its common occurance and will always happen no matter how much people twist on

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
now you're talking about manifolds too though :rasp:, I didn't believe you could get gains like that from just an exhaust and filter on a 2.0 engine that's already tuned to produce 200bhp but then again I've never had any experience with Type-R's so wouldn't know anyway :D
yeah mate the improvements are really good with basic breathing mods, have a look into them, there is good improvements to be had, although some of the exhausts and filter set up's cost a fortune, still nice cars though

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
been smoked by a ctr lately?
just curious never raced one yet.

No I doubt he has,

If you had done a search you would have found 6739 threads about this subject and we could have saved ourselves another pointless thread,

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If you had done a search you would have found 6739 threads about this subject and we could have saved ourselves another pointless thread,
why click on the thread then if you dont like repetative things dnt post, it wont ever stop it happening just put up and shut up

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
why click on the thread then if you dont like repetative things dnt post, it wont ever stop it happening just put up and shut up

Why start another thread on a subject that has been covered countless times, just bump an old one . . .

The subject really has been done too much, the OP could have had his question answered if he'd of bothered to look,

Clio 1970000000
Having owned both (used to own 2004 CTR now a 2006 197) I would say the difference up to 100mph is slight if any. After 100 mph the CTR should ease away. By ease, I mean a few car lengths not disappear into the distance.

To add to the other threads, don't forget the ECU remap and I used to go to driving meets every month when a CTR owner and often went up against modded CTRs (mine was standard) and it is almost always down to the driver and being in the right gear at the right time. 30bhp does not make a lot of difference IMO, It is nothing like a turbo'd car getting an upgrade.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Why start another thread on a subject that has been covered countless times, just bump an old one . . .
probably because most of the winjy arses on here would pick at something to twist on about, it really can get full of a bunch of moaners on here who forget why they're here as car enthusiasts

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
yes we are all car enthusiasts and love talking about cars and our experiences.its not our fault that some people on here seem to spend their lives on car forums and have seen every thread go up.you cant get away from it that ppl will always ask what they are like compared to ctrs.even though its been covered before.

if you feel its been covered way too many times before then get a life away from the internet :D

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Not sure what CTR's make on the rollers but yeah 182 make around 170Bhp.

I raced my best mates CTR in my 182 rolling in 2nd at about 15Mph and we was the same all the way to 90Mph then had to brake. Nothing in it at all realy.

Status
Not open for further replies.