ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i get started

Rsport182Cup'd
right then

never polished the car other than with auto glym ultra deep resin polish, keep reading about pc'ing got the money together now to buy a 7424 sfx Pc, how do i start and what polishes etc etc, grades, swirl removal then protecting the job,

Regards

Russ

Ps Girlfriends uncle lives in states, lookin into the import, possible group buy if needed, he is coming over soon!

106 GTi
You will need at least a couple of each of the normal sized 6 inch pads.

2 x Light Cut
2 x Polishing
2 x Finishing

The same as above in 4 inch spot pad sizes are a must for small panels on the Clio.

As to polishes, in order to remove most defects you will need at least a medium abbrassive in most cases. This is wher it really does come down to personal preference.

Some Prefer Sonus Polishes, some Meguiars mainly - #83 and #80, I started of using the Poorboys SSR range 2.5, 2 and 1 as I found them easist to get on with and get decent results. I have since moved over tho the Menzerna Ranges, that have a slightly steeper learning curve but for me produce a better finish than all of the above.

You should always start out with the mildest pad, polish combination you think you need, normally a polishing pad and a light polish before stepping up to higher abbrassives and cutting pads unless you really need to.

The PC is quite a weighty tool if you really are thiking of carrying them/sending them over.

Worth doing a search on here for otehr PC threads and the import guide etc.

Rsport182Cup'd
cheers rich - he works for Porsche in detroit so he might be able to arrange some shipping after many emails back and forward, is it generally agreed that this is the one i need to buy though