ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Do I Get To The Main Drivers Airbag Connector?

CTR--VX220D
I need to get the main connector for the drivers side airbag so that I can slip some resistors in to turn off the airbag light.

I have tried the 2 x smaller connectors with no luck, so want to do it from the main connector.

Where is it and how do I get to it?

CTR--VX220D
Found a pic - I take its at the back of the cowling???

DSC00389.jpg

CTR--VX220D
Right found it and when resistors are installed the light is still there! grrr!

I think the only way to get rid of the light is to remove and cover up the light from the binacle.

Time to do a search on how to remove the dash!

Lionel Richie
easy to get the dash off mate

pull off the 2 dash inserts remove all of the screws (and the ones by the clocks)

then there is a black plug on both sides of the dash

CTR--VX220D
ive removed the dash - going to be nightmare putting back on.

trying wo work out how to get to the circuit board on display.... do i just pull off the needles?

Chocolate Bar™
got my lights for the taken deactivated through CLiP.

had a crash and the airbags never activated so it must have worked lol.

CTR--VX220D
Bugger! All done - and no lights on dash!

But I didnt mark out the speedometer - now Snooper is telling me its 5 mph out ... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I have to do it all again!

I'll update the blog.

Lee

BMW M2C
Bugger! All done - and no lights on dash!

But I didnt mark out the speedometer - now Snooper is telling me its 5 mph out ... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I have to do it all again!

I'll update the blog.

They're usually 3-5 mph out anyway.

CTR--VX220D
Not in the wrong way though Lee, when the dash says 30mph I am actually doing 36mph!!!!! Doh!

I didnt remove the pass airbag ..... Is it worth doing? How heavy are they?