ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I know if my Xbox is under warranty

Focus 1.8 TDCi
I just got the RROD, Fault Code is 0102

I got it off ebay last year

How do I know wether this is still under the manufacturers 3yr warranty?

Cheers

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
there should be date on the sticker with the serial number.

Or just ring MS.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm pretty sure MS will fix the RROD even if the warranty has expired.

Mine was out of its warranty period, and I sent it off and it was sorted.

Golf GTi Mk2
RROD is warrantied (is that a word?)for 3 years i think, as said, should be a date on the sticker with the serial number on the back.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I'm pretty sure MS will fix the RROD even if the warranty has expired.

Mine was out of its warranty period, and I sent it off and it was sorted.

Same here, just ring them up and go through all the questions about whats wrong with the xbox and when they know its RROD they will just have it from you to fix, they didnt ask me anything about warrenty.

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
IF its out of warrentee then go on ebay and buy the £5 fix. All you do is replace a heat sink and put some new paste on it and hey presto, bobs your unkle and ***** is your .......;)

57 Clio Campus Sport
They don't offer warranty to second hand owners, so if the person you bought it from on ebay registered it when they had it, then you will not get it fixed even if it is within the 3 years.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You phone MS up, they log it as RROD and replace it free (because it's a common problem and easily fixed). Either they send you the details to print off and attach to the console packaging, or you go to their website and do it yourself. Sort out the DHL courier or whoever they're using now (or they'll do it themselves - I forget which). You pack it all up for them, DHL come out and take it from you, send it to Germany, it gets repaired and sent back to you. Job done.

They usually sort the fan and laser out, but when mine RROD'd, I just went out and bought an Elite the very same day. I'm impatient like that. Sent the duff one away, got it back within 7 days and sold it to a guy from work for £100. It actually looked like a brand new console they'd sent me (definitely had a new disc drive, as it was still sealed).

57 Clio Campus Sport
You phone MS up, they log it as RROD and replace it free (because it's a common problem and easily fixed). Either they send you the details to print off and attach to the console packaging, or you go to their website and do it yourself. Sort out the DHL courier or whoever they're using now (or they'll do it themselves - I forget which). You pack it all up for them, DHL come out and take it from you, send it to Germany, it gets repaired and sent back to you. Job done.

They usually sort the fan and laser out, but when mine RROD'd, I just went out and bought an Elite the very same day. I'm impatient like that. Sent the duff one away, got it back within 7 days and sold it to a guy from work for £100. It actually looked like a brand new console they'd sent me (definitely had a new disc drive, as it was still sealed).

Would have been a refurb

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Will probably say already registered to someone else

dosent matter i bought a bent xbox for a mate that rrod registered in his name sent it off fine also bought a second hand xbox and again it rrod and i registered it sent it off and theyve all came back fine