ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I know its got cup packs?

I am going to look at a 182 (05) later today, the ad say's it has cup packs fitted. How can i check visually it does?????

Cheers for the help ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
BArely lower though, like 3mm or something. If its got the darker (anthracite) wheels then they came with the cup pack but not sure if theres any visual difference in the suspension.

ST
EvilJohn said:
BArely lower though, like 3mm or something. If its got the darker (anthracite) wheels then they came with the cup pack but not sure if theres any visual difference in the suspension.

I agree john......the cup pack suspension doesn't seem to do much.....i'd just get coilovers!

Theres two Cup packs for the 182. The 182 has both Cup packs but misses zeons and climate and the seats are different I think.
One of the cup packs is for the front splitter and bigger rear spolier.
The other pack consists of the 3mm lower ride height (makes no difference since tolerances are so open anyway) and dark coloured alloys.
Most cars come with the suspension pack and most have the spolier pack but there are obviouslyy some with oen and not the other and some with neither and some with the wrong coloured alloys as owners prefered the looks of the other alloys etc.
The tyres were the same for both cup and none cup supension cars. Any Renault dealer can tell what spec each car has though as the packs were factory fitted.

Boz

Arctic 182
from Renault website :

- The front and rear spoilers from the Cup are now available as an option.

- A Cup chassis option is introduced offering a wider track front and rear, a stiffer sidewall on the tyres, a lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers and new steering geometry. With this option the wheels are finished in an anthracite colour.

I think the point here is that just because the car has Cup anthracite wheels, doesnt mean it has the Cup suspension.