ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I know what Cup packs this car has?

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Hi,

Have been to look at a Clio 182 today. It has black wheels which I believe means it has one of the cup packs on it but I also believe there were two cup packs to be had from new. Can somebody please list what each cup pack was and how to identify whether a car has them or not. Thanks. I have trawled the message boards for the answer but to no avail. Thanks.

Also, the Clio we have been looking at is a 54 182 in black. Done 54k one owner, three service stamps. Very good cond. £6k. Fair price?

Da

Less
£6K!! :eek:

The second Cup pack is the front and rear spoilers to look out for. There will be one on the lower lip of the front bumper and an enhanced one on the tailgate. If it has Cup wheels then it should have Cup suspension providing the wheels haven't been added after it left the factory.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
I am thinking it just has the cup suspension pack then as the bumper looks standard. I take it the front spoiler you are referring to is the thin strip under the front bumper which is quite noticeable on the Trophy models due to the contrast in colour.

M2 Competition
£6k sounds far too cheap, something wrong there. If he wants to clear the finance, why doesnt he sell it for more privately? Or get a short term loan, pay off the finance, and then pay off the loan?

Da

Less
Front spoiler

th_Image003-1.gif

and rear

th_Washed3.gif

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Thanks for the pics Daz. Puzzling that one. The rear spoiler looks the same but it defo doesn't have the front spoiler!!!

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
£6k sounds far too cheap, something wrong there. If he wants to clear the finance, why doesnt he sell it for more privately? Or get a short term loan, pay off the finance, and then pay off the loan?

Don't think he wants the hassle. As long as he doesn't lose money, I don't think he's too bothered.

Da

Less
The front spoiler is often 'forgotten' to be fitted at the dealers. If your mate was unaware of this it may never even have had one.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
The front spoilers come off easy if he's ever hit any roadkill/ bumped the front on a curb etc.

Now that I think about it, when I felt under the front bumper, I thought I could feel the tops of some screws. Do you reckon these could have been the screws which fixed the front spoiler on???

M2 Competition
To be fair the front spoiler is very easy to fit. So long as it has the rear one jobs a goodun mate!

Theres various screws underneath holiding the undertray on mate, was prob those, not the spoiler screws. When the spoiler comes off it tends to tear the screws from their holes. New ones are self tapping though, so easy to fix.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
To be fair the front spoiler is very easy to fit. So long as it has the rear one jobs a goodun mate!

Just out of interest, rough price for a front one? Don't know whether I while bother fitting one if it doesn't have it as with the car being black, no one will notice it anyway!