ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i know when my cambelt is on its way out?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
basically my 52 1.2 16v clio is now on 73700, and im starting to suspect some my cambelt might need changing but im not sure, how would i know if it needs changing, like signs? As its my first car and ive oticed some different sounds, not knowing if s me or not n they are very hard to explain!
​Sorry poor typing using mums kindle!

WRX
Depends how long you intend to keep your car because, with the best will in the world, it's probably almost the value of your car. If you think you'll have it in a couple of years time then maybe get it done.

Iceberg 172
Dan how much on a 1.4 16v? my car is at 55k and unsure whether its been done before or not. 2003 plate

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Depends how long you intend to keep your car because, with the best will in the world, it's probably almost the value of your car. If you think you'll have it in a couple of years time then maybe get it done.
But it's like buying a car you wouldn't change the cam belt straight away when its unnecessary? I don't have much of the previous service history?