ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I lock the doors easily without a battery?

Probably the stupidest question you've ever heard. The central locking on my 52 plate Clio is controlled by a button above the radio, there is also the remote fob and a key hole on the passenger door. There are however no knobs, dials, latches etc to lock the doors (well drivers door at least) when the battery is out of the car.

The only way I have found so far is to lock the car with the button, reach through the window and open the passenger door with the key, stick the key back in the ignition to get the window up, get out the passenger door and then remove the battery before finally manually locking the passenger door. A lot of effort to lock a door if you ask me! Is there an easier way such as a handle, lever etc that I'm not seeing?