ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I make my first car a Clio?

I just passed my test and want a Clio as my first car. They have a good rep, they look good, they are a decent size and have good prices.

I have no idea where to start or what to look for in a first car though, and what should be the price I should be looking to pay? I don't really want anything greater than a 1.6.

Can anyone offer any helpful pointers?

Thanks

BMW F21 125d
Get no more than a 1.4, otherwise insurance will be expensive. Its more than enough for a first motor tbh.

Thanks - i've had a look at those sites, but still a little confused because there are so many Clios. For a 1.4 Clio with under say 80,000 miles on the clock, what should be a decent price?

Clio 1.4RT
Depends on how old it is, assuming its a mk1 clio ( 1991-97) you shouldnt pay more than £800-£900 for a 1.4 of that milage.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
if u find one that u like u can always chuck the link on here and we'll tell u if i's a shed or not :)

dont go for anythin over a 1.4 they are proper nippy, more than enough for a first car, will destroy all the chavvy saxo's fiesta's etc. the 1.6 will cost an arm and leg to insure and prob a bit too powerful just after u pass ur test.

found my clio on autotrader mate. keep eyes open on cars for sale forum on here aswell. most cliosport peeps look after their motors so if one pops up on here, u should be ok

cock mobile.
I'd recommend the 1.2 16v.

They are fun little engines, and provide plenty of poke for getting around town, etc.

Plus insurance, tax and petrol will be reasonable.

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
I don't really want anything greater than a 1.6.

no point getting a clio then :S

there only good when they are quick , if they did not make a 172 i would not even think about having a clio

metro gti . o yea !!!!!

MK2 PH1 1.2
even a 1.4 as a new driver your insurance will go through the roof.

a mate of mine has just passed and to get insured on his 1.4 fiesta zetec its costing him £2k a year!

i have a 1.2 clio as my first car, which cost me personally £900. it depends on how much money you have to throw around, but obviously if u can get it cheap, the better it is for you. just consider that if its too low there may be a problem with the car.

Never above 25mpg
even a 1.4 as a new driver your insurance will go through the roof.

a mate of mine has just passed and to get insured on his 1.4 fiesta zetec its costing him £2k a year!

Fiestas are v expensive to insure!!

Ive got a 1.4 16v Clio, it is fast and reliable and does a decent mpg!

You might want to look at a 1.5 dCi 65 though with the beckoning fuel prices and that dCi should be quite reasonable on insurance!

The 1.2 is very good though!

Motorbikes
1.2 16v Dynamique or something similar I'd say.

How about you give us a price to play wth that you are willing to spend so we can make recommendations?

Clio 182 Trophy
Yes I agree with the 1.2 16v Dynamique, used to have one prior to the car I got now, they're very smooth and comfortable and also good on the insurance....

my advice would be to take your time and find a decent one - that's what i did. i spent a few months looking around, getting excited about going to see cars and then being unsure about something particular with them and then not wanting them. when i found my clio, i was just like :D:D:D and CERTAIN that this was the one for me.

good luck matey :)

tiTTy & SV650
drove my mums 1.2 dynamique recently, will sit at 100 on the motorway its not bad at all for a 1.2

has absolutely zero sporty feel though, devoid of any steering feel - handling ok but a bit light. slow as a week in the jail acceleration wise but as a first car not bad.

my first was a 1.6 205 gti though, the money you save on buying the car (and dont lose on depreciation) goes towards some tpf&t insurance

E36 328
1.4 MK1 rapes everything in the world as a first car!!

mine was 1300 with mods declared before i even passed as well which wasnt too bad!

and yeh fiestas are stupid expensive to insure for what they are, not as bad as civics tho!