ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I remove a 182 headlight?

Liquid Yellow 182
I need to remove/ fix the passenger side headlight on my 182. I had a bit of a bumo in it and now the inside part of the light has dropped and points more at the ground than it should. I was going to take it off and try to fix it or replace it if needed but I cant work out how to get the damn thing off.

Any help would be great M.O.T is due next week and it obviously will fail how it is. I really dont want to take it to renault to fix it.

Thanks

Nigel

have you checked it hasn't just been disconnected from the levelling motor? if it has you should be able to reconnect it without removing the headlight & all the hastle that goes with it... there should be a little black arm which has a nipple on the end that clips into the light unit & if this comes loose the lghts drop

Liquid Yellow 182
ok ill have a look at the drivers side one and see if i can work it out. Be alot better if i dont have to take the whole bumper off. Cheers

Liquid Yellow 182
i cant see a back bar on either of them , is it inside the light unit or outside??

Liquid Yellow 182
right the bumper is pretty much off i just cant figure out how to get the alarm sensor of the rs grill

Help lol

there should be a little white box that clips into the back of the headlight... at the end of this is the black arm - if you twist the whole unit it should come free & you'll be able to tell if the arm is attached

Liquid Yellow 182
Thanks for all your help, i ended up taking the bumper and the headlight off (thanks for the guide fubar).

P1000665.jpg

When it was off i worked out how to fix it, unscrewing the white knob tightened up the inside of the light (thanks Burns0)

Put it all back together and both my lights are the same height so it should past the mot fine now ;)