ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i remove the clock surround from dash?

clio 1.4 sport
hi i want to remove the clock surround from the dash to fit in a flipout-TFT- any ideas how this is done properly i tryed prying it out with a scredriver but it wouldnt budge!
cheers

ps its a mark2 phase 1

A well built VW
pRE 2001 IT IS PART OF THE DASH

tAKE THE DASH OFF AND YOU CAN GET RID OF THE CLOCK SIMPLY 2 SCREWS BUT I DUNNO IF A FLIP OUT WOULD FIT IN THE GAP

clio 1.4 sport
The Big Yin said:
pRE 2001 IT IS PART OF THE DASH

tAKE THE DASH OFF AND YOU CAN GET RID OF THE CLOCK SIMPLY 2 SCREWS BUT I DUNNO IF A FLIP OUT WOULD FIT IN THE GAP

cheers but mine looks like it comes away from the rest of the dash, a scredriver was prying it open but i didnt want to force/break anything- mines the 1.4 sport edition which may be different im not sure?

A well built VW
Yes so does mine they are both the same and for a while i thought the same as you til i took the dash out
Heres mine
8510381003e3d7b88e4457b5f4295d009736b893f5ec239e22ec527c.jpg

Mégane RS
my one i can pull the surround out without taking the dash out, just give it a pull toward you

Mégane RS
fiddley lol, pull anything on a renault and it will come off, either that or its held in with a torx screw lol

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
DO NOT get me started on Torx screws... I want to PAY someone to go around my car and replace all torx screws with posidrive screws...

...how about it V-man? Wanna make a quick £2.38? (Its all I have in my change cup)

-Akira

D

dick

ye i contemplating doing this to my mk2ph2

i would have to cut into the dash a bit tho to make it fit tho :(