ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i rip a film from DVD

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Made a film at Uni last year, Lad has it on DVD that we burned as a quicktime movie iirc.

I've moved home but want to see it, sooo he needs to rip it to his comp so he can put it on FB, youtube or mail to me etc.

How do we do it, is there a certain programme etc.

Cheers.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if mac the ripper doesn't rip your film you can get a programme called rip it (for mac again.) It costs £8 for a full licence but it will honestly rip ANYTHING you throw at it. Mac the ripper wont do disney dvds etc but that rip it will.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Handbreak converts, not rips im sure? I use mac the ripper to rip - handbreak to convert... EDIT: apparently handbreak rips but its not very good :eek:

I've used it in the past to backup a commercial dvd without any problem, but I know they've removed decryption and forked it off to an external library, however, seeing as this is a home made dvd it's a moot point as it wont be encrypted anyway.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh i suppose. All the programmes mentioned in this thread are worth having anyway so yuo can't lose :cool: