ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'I work in I.T' thread

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Many people at Crowdstrike got that creeping ice water down the spine sensation really badly last night as the true horror of the issue dawned.

Can you imagine the shitstorm!

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
This is a massive longshot

But does anyone know of anyone selling any Supermicro Microcloud Epyc chassis and blades? Just been let down by a supplier for a deadline next week and these were meant to arrive today, bunch of c***s

screenshot_2024-07-19_at_10.39.09.png

Memory isn't too much of a sticking point as some of the customers need 128GB

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing past Wednesday should be the rule for dev/networks changes

Oh and stop testing in prod. Bunch of clowns🤣
Ops testing is fun though….haha.

Or what I’ve seen is people do code, get it reviewed, I’ve deployed it to a test environment and a smoke test, doesn’t work then I debug it to an error where it would never have compiled so how that dev decided “yep that will do” without even running their code baffled me.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I'm very thankful for not having to deal with end users.
but i'm very thankful that 1000+ users are aged enough to understand a guide to using DOS

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I feel bad for all the first line guys who've got to try and talk someone through the workaround remotely, all on a Friday when the user will definitely be cooperative as they're so desperate to work on a Friday.

GS1qZZlWIAAk5NC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg