ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i T-Cut properly?

R.I.P 182
Got some light scratches as well as a few deeper ones on the car, i bought metallic Tcut stuff to do the car, but i have no idea how to do it properly, i know it has directions but i really dont wanna botch it up and id like to know from people that have used it and had problems then fixed it so i know what to do right :(

Thankoooo :(

Also bought a meguires spray wax stuff so she'll be shiny too!

al

ST on the way...
I'd stay away from T-Cut.

I've heard Meguiars Scratch-X is quite good by hand :D

al

ST on the way...
AutoGlym Super Resin is pretty good, with some AutoGlym Extra Gloss over the top! :)

R.I.P 182
I got told by the halfrauds guy it was the best :(

I saw the Scratch X stuff but it had colours and mines imperial blue metallic so wouldnt have worked :(

Scratch X is fine on any colour. T-cut is way too aggressive. As for the halfords guy saying it was the best its a known fact that 99.9% of what the boys at halfords will advise you on is utter horseshit. You should have seen the state of the "professional" install they did on butters car.

Baby D said:
I got told by the halfrauds guy it was the best :(

I saw the Scratch X stuff but it had colours and mines imperial blue metallic so wouldnt have worked :(
Did you return the favour and tell him how to get rid of his spots?

BMW E46 330i Touring
As above, ScratchX worked in quite rigorously by hand, small areas at a time. If it's got lots of swirls and very light scratches it might also be worth getting PC'd by one of the friendly cleaning geeks ( :) ) on here....

R.I.P 182
lol! I just had it washed and dried by a valet guy, and i just used the meguires wax on it, he gave me 2 cloths, one was a microfibre one, and i just waxed it myself :D sooo proud!! Ill put pics up lol!

R.I.P 182
1c7e7577.jpg

9b7d6703.jpg

9f2a8810.jpg

b3466098.jpg

cbd3992e.jpg

Car006.jpg

0cd750b8.jpg

f1769f16.jpg

Excuse my lack of photography skills :D :D

106 GTi
brazo said:
Step away from the T cut lol!!

Very nice Donna! I will PC it for you soon aswell

Top man Butter ;)

Nice work Donna, dressed tyres aswell :approve:

Skoda Fabia vRS
i have to go against the grain here, ive used the METALLIC version of T-Cut, and its not as bad as your all making out, the normal T-Cut yes, it will dull the finish, but the metallic version isnt as bad

though i do agree, Scratch X is a lot safer

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Loony said:
As for the halfords guy saying it was the best its a known fact that 99.9% of what the boys at halfords will advise you on is utter horsesh*t.

Sounds like they get trained at the same place as the PC World staff.

R.I.P 182
Thankya guys!! LOL @ Mark PCing it free, yeah you can do it babe ;) LOL!

The rear lights are going as ive said before, and getting black multispokes with the calipers sprayed blue to match the car :D

I put tyre laquer on the tyres to make them black and it looks lush! But from paying lots of attention to it and waxing ive noticed alot of stonechips on the bonnet and the bottom of the front doors :(

Gutted :(