ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i turn off my SERV/AirBag Warning Lights off?

LY R26
So im just back from the rolling road and the car is over-fueling and down on power, basically all the signs of a form of limp mode, so were guessing this is down to my warning lights being on so triping the ecu into thinking something is wrong.

Possible things causing it to be on are:

Aftermarket Steering Wheel,
Harnesses,
No Rear Interior.

So i know you can put resistors in on the front looms to trick the comp into thinking there is a seatbelt in.

But how do i know this is working because of the steering wheel and rear interior?

is there anything i can do to sort this out, as much as i love my steering wheel and my harnesses, if i need to put all the seats back in and put my steering wheel back on to get my power back then id be much happier to do that.

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE???

thanks Darren

Stagecoach Ticket
Have you go aftermarket front seats mate?

EDIT: Just realised you have a trophey so proberly running treadlines

Stagecoach Ticket
Removing the rear seats would affect airbag/service lights at all its just the same as if you took them out to go on holiday.

Normal clio steering wheels have a central airbag i think the trophey does to never seen one in real life. So by removing that thats what has proberly caused the light to come on.

Harnes's shouldent make a difference to an airbag light i dnt think only a seat belt warning beap

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
check the connections at the base of the seat, the airbag sensors.

common problem.

can't see it being anything todo with harnesses, steering wheel or removing rear interior.

The lights will be caused by the steering wheel because the airbag is now disconnected, IIRC Trophy seats don't come with airbags in them anyway so won't be anything to do with that.

LY R26
The light came on after I striped the rear interior out and put the harnesses in, obvy takin out the front seatbelt does something with the pretensioners causing the light to come on?

Would maping the ecu work to get them off?

Fucknh iPhone

That will probably just be coincidence it happened then, it'll be because of the steering wheel. Or at least partly due to the steering wheel, you can't just unplug the airbag and the car's not going to notice. I'd concentrate on that first.

BMW M135i
The airbag service light being on won't effect the ecu something else is causing it to overfuel. If it was in limp mode then it won't rev over 3k for a start and will be flat as a pancake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Airbag & serv wouldnt effect engine performance, mines been on for about a year since removing all the airbags & module.

the light would flag up for the steering wheel & rear seat belt rolls if they were pre-tens. was there a cable going into each one when you removed the seat belt rolls from the rear?

Got a print out with your AFR on from the rolling RR?

LY R26
i dont James, only has torque and bhp.

torque seems to be right, but the bhp is down.

i never done the removal of my interior, so i honestly couldnt tell you.

would a good service bring back power?