ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i turn off my service light?

Clio 182
I took my air box off my clio 182 today and when i re-fitted it the service light has come on. How do i turn this off or will it turn itself off?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Its not a Service light and its normally caused by a loose connection under one of your seats or possibly low oil.

Clio 182
Could it be because i had only the front of the car up on axle stands so the oil was at one end of the engine so the sensor thought it had low oil?

BMW M135i
No because the oil light would be on with it and the STOP light would be on as well as SERV, are there any other lights on with it?

Lots of Alfas
^as above it normally comes out with another light. COuld you have accidently knocked something or diconnected something. Theres the oil level sensor down near the oil filter, than can get damaged easily.

Clio 182
Or the person before you cut out ABS, Airbag or other light so only the SERV has come on?

Its all fixed now. it was cos i had the front wheels off the ground and going through the gears with the esp turned off so it thought it was just spinnin up i think. it went off as soon as i drove the car.