ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do u get to the pollen filter

Ok so where is the pollen filter on my car... and does it give u access to the fan? every so often it sounds like the fan is hitting something... like a leaf or maybe one of the bits of foam they use to seal the joints in the blower circuit etc...

Thanx in advance..

The pollen filter is under the Offside (drivers Side) of the windscreen..

Open the bonnet.. Look at the plastic splash panel under the drivers side wiper arm..

On the left hand side near the wing is a plastic retaining plug.. Remove it.. Then to the right is a moulded clip that holds the right handside of the panel.. Press it in at the same time as lifting the panel up and towards you..

Under this panel you will see a 6mm bolt head on top of the fan housing.. Remove the bolt/screw and lift the panel of.. You will then see the Pollen filter..

Remove the filter and replace with new.. Refittting the screw/panels etc is reverse of removing..

Ok thanks guys.. Ill have a look tomorrow... Maybe I do have leaves or debris in there... it only started making the noise after a strong gale...

Ok well I can now see where the noise was coming from... and I can also see why it felt like my ac has been a bit timid... my pollen filter was jam packed with crud... I cant believe how dirty it was... Ive just been down to Renault to get a new one... I asked the guy how often they should be changed (as the car had its 12k service a few weeks ago) he actually told me that they leave it too the disgretion (sp?) of the customer... ok well I was never offered a new filter... and how many of Renaults regular customers are going to know when it needs changing... or even that they have one... Well anyways I fitted a new one in and hey presto the climate control feels a lot colder now.. I can feel the air blowing thru the vents a lot better than it did before...