ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the scene / 182

Clio 182 and Yaris d
Hiya! My name's Calum, I'm living in north Essex and just a couple months back in April I bought my first ever track toy/weekend car: a stripped out Clio 182. This is my second ever owned car and I'm really happy with it; I drive it alongside my first car, a mk1 Yaris d4d. Similar size but that's where the similarites end!

Couple of mods already on the car;

Custom pipeworx exhaust, Ram air filter, Bilstein coilovers, Safety half cage, Sparco seats and harnesses, Reinforced engine mounts/suspension mounts, OMP steering wheel. Probably forgetting a few bits

Curiously it's got a 172 engine that's just had a full waterpump service. It's a cracking little car and it's mega fun, got its first track day this November but would like to get it properly sorted. Needs a couple of bits doing before it goes on track and I'd love to have any recommendations and thoughts for the following niggles:

- New radiator (old and looking a bit weary for track use. Got rid of the AC condenser straight away as it was shagged) Maybe also waterless coolant?
- New CV boot, current one is covered in tape and works for now but obvs not a long term solution
- Tracking (would like it performance setup with the adjustable coilovers)
- Passenger OMP seat base to match the driver's (current setup is a proper bodge)
- Eventually a performance oriented remap

A couple of electrical niggles. If anyone knows the correct resistor for the seat position sensors and the driver's side airbag sensor, as every time I press the horn the airbag light comes on and disappears. The light will sometimes come on itself too and go away. A bit random I know lol. Not a big deal for me but for MOT purposes when it comes around would be good to have it sorted. Not a mechanic or very mechanically minded but I do have a mate who's happy to work on it!

Clio 182 and Yaris d
20210627_111636.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hiya! My name's Calum, I'm living in north Essex and just a couple months back in April I bought my first ever track toy/weekend car: a stripped out Clio 182. This is my second ever owned car and I'm really happy with it; I drive it alongside my first car, a mk1 Yaris d4d. Similar size but that's where the similarites end!

Couple of mods already on the car;

Custom pipeworx exhaust, Ram air filter, Bilstein coilovers, Safety half cage, Sparco seats and harnesses, Reinforced engine mounts/suspension mounts, OMP steering wheel. Probably forgetting a few bits

Curiously it's got a 172 engine that's just had a full waterpump service. It's a cracking little car and it's mega fun, got its first track day this November but would like to get it properly sorted. Needs a couple of bits doing before it goes on track and I'd love to have any recommendations and thoughts for the following niggles:

- New radiator (old and looking a bit weary for track use. Got rid of the AC condenser straight away as it was shagged) Maybe also waterless coolant?
- New CV boot, current one is covered in tape and works for now but obvs not a long term solution
- Tracking (would like it performance setup with the adjustable coilovers)
- Passenger OMP seat base to match the driver's (current setup is a proper bodge)
- Eventually a performance oriented remap

A couple of electrical niggles. If anyone knows the correct resistor for the seat position sensors and the driver's side airbag sensor, as every time I press the horn the airbag light comes on and disappears. The light will sometimes come on itself too and go away. A bit random I know lol. Not a big deal for me but for MOT purposes when it comes around would be good to have it sorted. Not a mechanic or very mechanically minded but I do have a mate who's happy to work on it!
Dont bother with waterless coolant. Just use genuine type D. The JR flexi boots are good just need one of the ribs cutting off first so they dont rub on each other and fail prematurely. I've been running them for 2/3 years now and it's been spot on.

For your airbag I'd be pulling out the horn and looking into the connections as it could be related to the airbag connections shorting out in there.

Look forward to your build thread 👍

Clio 182 and Yaris d
Dont bother with waterless coolant. Just use genuine type D. The JR flexi boots are good just need one of the ribs cutting off first so they dont rub on each other and fail prematurely. I've been running them for 2/3 years now and it's been spot on.

For your airbag I'd be pulling out the horn and looking into the connections as it could be related to the airbag connections shorting out in there.

Look forward to your build thread 👍
Thanks for your response! Thankfully the big 3 (body, suspension and brakes) don't need much doing. It's quick enough for me to be the right balance of fun and usability, mainly just want to increase reliability on the track. Maybe I'll want more mods after I do actually take it on track, we'll see :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Try and do an evening session at a circuit close to home. Will be a good shakedown and you can plan your next steps ready for your first day in November.