ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do we think this will sound

Hmm, after picking up my 182 last week, have decided to spend the final bit of money on it and sort the sounds out as standard gear is complete sh*t.

In my old Clio (some people saw it) had it kitted with memphis subs and all sorts. This time not going that far as wanna keep it for speed reasons, so no extra weight thank you.

Have gone for:

Alpine D310 DVD head unit

Kicker Components in front and kicker 6*9s in a stealth shelf

Powered by a JL audio amp, and thats it, anyone got a similar set up?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Could try a sub instead of 6x9s or power 6x9 of headunit and bridge two channels for a sub in boot!
This is what most people recommend and what ive got going in my car nexted week!

yea i see what you mean, but ive done all the subs and that, if ud of heard my last system which was 2 * 12s ud see what i mean, and this time, didnt wanna put any extra weight in at all so :(

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by Rousey on 28 June 2005
yea i see what you mean, but ive done all the subs and that, if ud of heard my last system which was 2 * 12s ud see what i mean, and this time, didnt wanna put any extra weight in at all so :(

Just get a one 10"/12" (sub that is) ;)

Or try and lend one just to try, because Ive heard that if youve had a sub in a car before you will miss it!

this was ridiculous bass in old car which is why i have struggled for it, but i still have other car so when i fancy it ;)

Civic Type-R

Instead of getting 6x9s in the parcel shelf how about just getting some mid range / mid bass speakers on the shelf? This way u get decent bass and mid without a heavy sub in the boot? still have all the speakers powered off the amp. just an idea.

6 X 9 s do they still sell them ?? WHY!!!

Components up front and eithier componets in the rear as well or some mid ranges in the rear

no 6 x 9 s please!