ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you go about pricing a track car?

Subaru imp & leggy
Don't know if I can ask this here but hopefully as its an innocent question. I picked up a fairly std 172 ph2 2.5 yrs back for £1500 and have thrown a good 2k at it with a professionally built welded full cage costing 960 from Tylah motorsport, Corbeau Revolution bucket seats, harnesses, 15 OZs R888Rs with 1 brands hatch evening use, ferodo 1.11 pads on front, braided lines, eibach proline springs, polycarb rear windows, ktec stealth and an induction kit, few of these on when I got the car but done most of it since.
I get hardly any use out of it and am thinking about freeing up some space and funds. How do you go about determining what is a sensible asking price? I'd rather sell as a going concern than break it as I have no spare time and very limited know how - if gotten Tylah motorsport to check it over after 2nd track evening of which I have done 7 or 8 in total with a few oil changes and consumables etc as needed. Advice sought please!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
well most people get the price they paid for the car, then the price they paid for the mods, the price of any maintenance, and add it all together.

then you have to put as a little note in the listing something like "i know what this car is worth, i have spent XXXX on it. I will NOT accept offers"

£3000 if belts aren't due and has decent history or take all the mods out and replace with standard and sell them separately.

I'd take both seats 😁