ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How does this look for a first car?

Flame Red Delight
Hi just thought i would post some pics of my first car. This was after a night of cleaning. Would say it is looking very shiny, and is looking not bad for a first car. What you think?

Cheers
Callum

Attachments

• SSL20487.JPG
    SSL20487.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 160
  • SSL20486.JPG
    SSL20486.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 90
  • SSL20491.JPG
    SSL20491.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 121
  • SSL20480.JPG
    SSL20480.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 100
Very nice. Just leave it as it is, and save the money for a few years time when you can afford to insure a 182/197.

Flame Red Delight
I think it would look better if i had some 172 headlights but they are really hard to get hold of.

A4 Avant
Looks very nice and tidy! I'd leave it as it is for now. then when your insurance has come down in a couple of years time then blow the cash you'll have saved on a newer better car!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
  Flame Red Delight
I was thinking about about the phase 2 bump strips but i just i have no idea how to get them on? I like the look of those headlights, not cheap though.

Elise S1 B&C 140
Looks Nice mate-very tidy wish my car looked like that.

Keep it as it is dont go OTT with and keep saving for th 172/182;)

Elise S1 B&C 140
/\/\/\/\ You will get there just keep saving i started off with a 1.1 metro city that actually re-defined the meaning of slow.

I wasted shed loads modding Rover 1.4s, 205s etc. Could have had my 172 years ago if id have saved better.

Its difficult but hang on in there its so rewarding when you finally get it.

Flame Red Delight
Yea i know it will be worth it in the end, the last thing i am going to do to my car is get a sound system.

I think it would look better if i had some 172 headlights but they are really hard to get hold of.

They are fitted to the MTV, the 16v, the S, Si and RSi.

However, they are a different wiring loom. Though you are in luck. K-Tec sell something very similiar: http://k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1410

Black would look best on that car though: http://k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1559

I think that would make it look stunning.

You can wire them in using the existing wiring - I did (although it was bloody years ago)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Remember that 1.2 DIET engine is poo. But just keep the gears low and the rev's high. Drive it like a 2-stroke. LOL!

Octavia VRS
Looking good mate, haven't spotted you yet but only a matter of time!

The douple optics would be a nice mod but I've heard they are a barsteward to fit so didn't bother when I had my Clio. Other thing you could fit is a 172 spoiler, look on ebay! Easy to fit

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Also, be careful with the Grande. Mine had crazy-light steering, leading to me putting it upside down. Ah well, I hated mine.

Flame Red Delight
Yea am sure i will spot you around west calder kenny and also, yea the steering is light but i have got used to it now. The next thing i want to get is a sound system but i really don't want to spend hundreds just something that gives out a decent sound any ideas?

Elise S1 B&C 140
Yea am sure i will spot you around west calder kenny and also, yea the steering is light but i have got used to it now. The next thing i want to get is a sound system but i really don't want to spend hundreds just something that gives out a decent sound any ideas?

Dont go weighing it down with big subs. Get a decent set of 300watt 3way 6x9s (Jbl, Infinity or similar) Mounted in a solid shelf and amped through a decent 4-500 amp.

Dont buy a sh*tty make of amp with 3000watts quality is definately better than quantity when it comes to power amps. Top it off with a decent head-unit. (Pioneer, Alpine Etc.)

Ibiza Cupra 20vt
If you want cheap lights tint your original lights with light tinting spray only cost about 10 pounds and then polish them to make them look shiny did it on mine and i have never been puleld for that anyway!

DSC00659.jpg
!

Ibiza Cupra 20vt
If you want cheap rear lights why not try tiniting them with light tinting spray and then polishing them afterwars, looks good i have done it on mine and never been pulled.

DSC00659.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Not bad at all for your first car, just save up and you'll be fine

visualize whirled pe
Great little car, good shine to the paint. The wheels are quite nice, I like the herring bone brick drive aswell.

Flame Red Delight
The wheels are tsw pace i really like them, i think i am just going to get a decent sub and amp and component speakers etc don't like it standard but thanks for all your comments i would say its not bad compared to some first cars.