ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy to swap interiors on MK1?

1.4RT
My RT doesn't have the best interior and so I was looking to swap it for something a bit better, like that from the RSi. Is it an easy pull out/unscrew job and everything then clips back in or are there some little hints and tips that I'll need to make sure I dont c**k it up? Bear in mind I'm a bit of a numpty as well!!!

Piss! on my rt, i had to get under the car and undoo the front seat rails, thats the hardest bit but its easy, just make sure you get the right bolts lol. the back ones you dont even need tools lol

Civic Vtec y0
Yup it really is as easy as a few clips and a few bolts.

In my old Clio I did the same thing. took about a day to remove the interior from the RSi and my car and put the RSi interior in2 my car.

And what a difference it made, well worth it IMO

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
to me and andre (heavyweight) about 1hour 30mins to put Rsi interior in my RT...quite simple really. doesn't take that long.

Civic Vtec y0
I am making up a "How to" guide tomorrow, will give you a link once its done!

Lol its really easy. You don't need to unbolt the rails either just use your existing railins as they are exactly they same i have done it twice now and second time only took me 45 mins on my own!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
wat about the door cards? u knwo the sort of arm rest thingy where the door handle is well wen i bougth it both sides had a crack rite dwn the middle obviously fmr some1 leanign on it 2 hard, how easy is it 2 change those?

Looking for a Mk1 Clio?
Clio_MK1 said:
I am making up a "How to" guide tomorrow, will give you a link once its done!

Hook me up with the link once its sorted bro.. Am interested in changing the interior in mine also

Civic Vtec y0
Still in the process of editing it atm

Patrick - will make up a guide on how to change them as well

Ryan

Patrick_g46 said:
wat about the door cards? u knwo the sort of arm rest thingy where the door handle is well wen i bougth it both sides had a crack rite dwn the middle obviously fmr some1 leanign on it 2 hard, how easy is it 2 change those?

Door cards are screwed and stuck on i believe so once all the screws are out give it a good pull from the bottom and it should start to peel off!