ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far in advance can I get an MOT?

Cup 172
Its due on the 23rd of this month and have a feeling it might fail on the handbrake. Would like as long as possible to sort ot out...

Ta,
Phil.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you think your handbrakes fcuked get it sorted before its due its MOT .

Cup 172
Okay.... I suspect. Did the rear brakes and to start with, it wasnt gripping as well on one side. Seems to be okay now and certainly works well enough to use, but before I take it all apart again, I would rather find out if its okay...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The only way to check it , is take it to a garage with a rolling road that does MOT's and get them to check it .

Mercedes SLK350
I'm fairly sure you can take your car for an M.O.T. a month before it runs out.

Take your old M.O.T. so the date of the new test certificate can continue when the old one expires.

you can mot a car whenever you like as far as i'm aware. it will last for 12 months from the test date tho

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
MOT it whenever, if it's within one month of expiring they'll add the extra time on. Hence why some cars are advertised with 13 months mot.