ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far to space out wheels on 182

Clio 182, Megane 225
Looking at buying some spacers not sure how far to space out. Standard alloys and standard height at the moment.

Can both front and rear be spaced out the same? Say 16mm front and rear or is there a rule to stick to?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not many space the front and rear unless going lowz. I'm not a fan of spacers tbh. I run h&r springs which lower the front more than the rear. Didn't think they did but compared it against a pic of an old Clio with cooksports. are you looking at getting springs?

Clio 182, Megane 225
Ktec coilovers mate or springs if they aren't rated so well. I just don't want any rubbing when I go low

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If I was looking at coilovers for road and track but mostly road? I'd be opting for bilstein b14's or bc's coilovers. Both are about £600.

Once fitted with give you a better idea of what spacers to use.
Also take into consideration what wheels you will be using. Standard are et45 ish iirc, where as most would use 35/38, the latter I have. Lower the number the more the wheels stick out.

I think popular choice is 20mm front and 15mm rear, again if memory serves

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mine with 5mm on the front

7DFA46D9-3416-4C2B-A0A0-228487F8F8E1_zpstl7wov7o.jpg

Without

6374891F-7A8C-4A69-95A5-3C5A3B70BA8C_zpsmaxybisr.jpg

8A113D6A-8FD9-4C95-86F0-A11B49769717_zpsmfwtiqpo.jpg

Admitadly it looks better with the spacers, drivers better without.
This comment was based on the fact I had a wheel vibration which I now hopefully seem to have sorted so may try spacers again. But at the mo I just love driving the car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I know.

Jack broke before I used it. Resorted to lifting the car with one arm and using the other to swap the spacers over.

Was just a little joke :)

Clio 182, Megane 225
Mine with 5mm on the front

7DFA46D9-3416-4C2B-A0A0-228487F8F8E1_zpstl7wov7o.jpg

Without

6374891F-7A8C-4A69-95A5-3C5A3B70BA8C_zpsmaxybisr.jpg

8A113D6A-8FD9-4C95-86F0-A11B49769717_zpsmfwtiqpo.jpg

Admitadly it looks better with the spacers, drivers better without.
This comment was based on the fact I had a wheel vibration which I now hopefully seem to have sorted so may try spacers again. But at the mo I just love driving the car.

Your car is beautiful man. I wanted a RB be couldn't find a decent one.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate. Had it since December which is about 7 months longer than I normally keep a car so it must be doing something right. Don't get me wrong I like to find an excuse to buy stuff or sell it but @bloke keeps me in check. Let us know your plans :)

Clio 182, Megane 225
Cheers mate. Had it since December which is about 7 months longer than I normally keep a car so it must be doing something right. Don't get me wrong I like to find an excuse to buy stuff or sell it but @bloke keeps me in check. Let us know your plans :)

Yeah I will do mate. Great little cars, I miss my Megane but glad I chose the Clio. Got afew more things to research and I should have afew goodies bought before November

PH2 172
Actually,I quite like it,but I suspect it was some guy whose name has a connection with the octane rating of gas.
Nice one.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I have the same dilemma. Would put some spacers on the front (max 10mm) but have to do more research to see hot it might affect handling.
But if you keep the std alloys which are ET45 then you probably be ok with no more than 10mm spacers front and rear. I have ET37 so my wheels basically are spaced out by 8mm and the car seems to drive fine.
If you add 10mm on both axles I think you will be fine. You will need longer bolts or a stud conversion (I would recommend from personal experience) if you will do some track days also.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I used to run 15mm front 10mm rear on cooksport springs, no rubbing on standard wheels but rubbed on et36 15" wheels

2007 Megane R26
I run 20mm spacers on the front. Looks better (to my eyes) as the wheels fill out the arches. I tried 20mm on the rear but that rubbed.
I'd like to go for 10mm on the rear maybe but they wouldn't be hubcentric which would worry me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What would be hubcentric, the rears?

The rear axle speakers are square and fit on the hub.

2007 Megane R26
Will 10mm spacer fit with no rubbing? I don't want to fit it all then find I've got to take them off again.
Plus I'm not that confident pulling the thing apart to that extent tbh.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Don't fit any, they don't need it and it looks a bit like the vw scene imo, Renault got it right from the factory imo

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
on the rear if you have smth like ET35 wheels or the std ET45 with 10 mm spacers it will be enough I would say

Clio 172 cup
I run 16 mm all round with stud and nut , I had to raise the rear to stop it rubbing but the wheels are almost flush with the arch which gives it a more aggressive stance in my eyes