ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how fast can your 1.2 16v go

ive had 115 in my old 1.2 8v down hill with wind behind me, low fuel and jus me in the car

plus i lost the weight of a turd in the previous services

Quote: I hate to say it but if a 1.2 16v can do 125mph and is only group 5 (I think) then why would people bother with bigger engined higher insurance group cars?

I really think that has no point in at all! lol!

I mean... top speed is nothing... its how fast you get there.. i.e. a 172 would get to 120 twice as fast (and probably faster) than a 1.2 16v... coz a 1.2 pulls all the way up to 90, then it just creeps slowly up! so when i got 114 on the GPS it musta taken me about 10miles to get there! so to say just coz a 1.2 16v can get to 120 (leaving the time it takes out of the picture) and a clio 16v can get to 130 to say why do pplz bother buying bigger engined with higher insurance groups is cods wallop to tell u the truth ;) plus u can get faster out of a valver....

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I cant see how a 1.2 would have the power to get through the force exerted on it at 120mph as well. I fully believe they could see a genuine 115mph.

I really dont believe they could see much above that.

A friend of mine has a dymanique and its pretty quick at lower speeds if you get me. Pulling off and pulling out of bends etc but once you start getting higher speeds it falls off the pace.

Im on my second clio 1.2 16V and the most ive ever had outa them both was just over 110 and that was near enough flat out with just me in the car and less than a third of a tank of petrol.

Lionel Richie

ive had 125 on the speedo then the interior light came on!!!!!!!

but remember 125 on speedo in reality = about 110-115 due to speedo error

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup your right there Fred, accordign to the GPS, thats the kinda error your looking at.

128 on the clock hiting limiter on 195x45x15 wheels had it a few months @ time engine managment came on flung me forward shat a brick and got towed home lol neva had gps at time but have hit 110 on gps but neva down that hill lol

leon cupra R

110 max then you r needle carries on round the clock an you think your going faster but your not

300bhp MR2 Turbo

This is much more believable - bit worrying that the speedo goes to 120+ though!

Any one see watchdog the other night? Pug 307s do more miles on the milometer than in real life. One guy reckoned he was doing 125 miles for every 100 he was actually driving.

What a way to de-value a car so pug can buy it back cheaper!

Quote: Originally posted by Jonesy on 09 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by cliomk2 on 09 March 2004

Ive a 1.2 8v and ive managed 115 before.

But that was on the limit for me.

that was with the car as standard.

Since ive fitted my alloys though i struggle to hit 95 now!
<SCRIPT language=javascript> lmao, same here m8, I dont think ive ever done a ton even down hills with my 17s, they are sooo sh*t for speed. My car came standard with 14s and i put them on a few weeks back and i cant belive how quick my car really is, nippy little buger, love the extra power but hate the curbed to f**k look!

Yeah ive thought about putting my old wheels back on for general driving then putting my alloys on when i go to events or whatever.

It is a pain in the arse having the alloys on and losing so much speed!

Not in this case it slows you down like a b**ch.

Its not thrown my speedo out to much as ive had a gps reading and when i thought i was doing 90 the gps read at 88 so its only 2/3mph off i would say.

Since ive fitted my alloys though ive not hit a ton :(

Before a ton would be nothing.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 11 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 10 March 2004

Anyone had a GPS reading on a 172?
Yes :oops:
What was it Roamer? Warp 9?:)

My VTR was only book of 119 (i think) but has only 120 on the clock so it stopped. Wasnt quite at full power either but I gave up because the speedo stopped.:oops: