ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how honest are dixons?

Civic type S GT-T
My mum took my Clio 1.2 16v 52 reg to Dixon Renault about a week or two ago and they said my head gasket was leaking. Now the car is in my mums name (insurance costs!) and they seemed quite shocked when i came to pick it up after some work had been done. They blatantly refused to do the gasket because it has a powerflow backbox and K&N 57i fitted which to be fair, they do cover themselves with sub-clauses so its my hard luck.
Anyway I took it to two garages to see if they can see any signs of a leaky gasket. They checked for moisture in the oil, throth in the coolant, drop in the coolant level, antifreeze check and for emmitions dispersal, all saying that my Clio is fine.
Would it be unreasonable to put this down to them trying to get some work by persuading my mum the cars not very well?!
Any suggestions would be much appretiated.
Thanks

Elise/VX220/R26
I'd say its par for the course m8! Lady takes in car all of a sudden it needs loads of work. IF its supposed to be warranty work I'd be intrested to see what their explanation was on how an air filter and backbox affect the head gasket!

Civic type S GT-T
It hasnt had any pressure testing done, would this settle the matter for sure? Would perhaps the AA do this?

Mondeo STTDCI
What I find even more disturbing is that its modified and in his mothers name. Good luck when the loss adjustor knocks on the door.

Civic type S GT-T
the loss adjustor wont need to visit, insurers know what it has added, but thats besides the point.