ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I fixed my windscreen washer



  RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
When I bought my Clio last year I foolishly didn’t test the windscreen washers, only noticing that they didn’t work on the drive home.
I spent some time diagnosing the problem. Eventually I unclipped the valve from the pump mechanism and dismantled it (it unclips apart). There is a rubber cylinder inside that was swollen at the ends (presumably previous owner added radiator coolant into the washer bottle!), I used some emery paper to sand the rubber back into shape and when I reassembled the pump it worked perfectly, yay.
Just thought I'd post this in-case anybody else had the same problem.
 
  RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Sorry, no pictures. Maybe I will for the next job I do.
The only advice I can add is everything unclipped fairly easily, it just required a bit of care and some small flat bladed screwdrivers to prise the clips apart.
 


Top