ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how long did your exaltos 2’s last

When ya got ya 182 or a new set of exaltos 2s for ya car how meny miles had you done as you hit the tyre depth markers on the tyre.

i have done 7200 and i need new fronts already? have i got heavy foot or are most people like this?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

16k and the front are getting border line. they have took some stick over that 16k aswell!

Lee

BMW M2C

13k and mine are in tomorrow. I have no shoulders at all on the fronts and Im just off the blocks. On the motorway its wandering around all over the place, cant wait to get some new ones on it.

Mine dont get much wear in the week due to working in Birmingham so I never get to thrash it. Most my wear came from Silverstone, Spa, Brands, The Nuburgring and Santa Pod. lol

Just had first 12k service and they said they were 50% worn - in reality I think theyll last until 15-16k, although I rotated them after 6k

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

On mitchelin website they say put brand new ones on the back and the back ones to the front.

I am assumming this is right as mitchelin obviously know what they are talkin about.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 09 March 2005

On mitchelin website they say put brand new ones on the back and the back ones to the front.

I am assumming this is right as mitchelin obviously know what they are talkin about.
Costco always do this as they get their tyres direct from Michelin and only sell Michelin. So I have had my new ones fitted to the back and old ones to the front. I should add I wasnt perfectly legal at 15k... lol I went and checked and was on the limit.

So I am now perfectly legal once again.

Yup everyone recommends that - Im a tight-arse though and as long as the rears are massively more worn than the fronts its usually ok - helps if you can drive though :)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I had mine changed at 21,000 miles!!

But most of my driving is motorway milage with some A road thrashing.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 09 March 2005

Costco always do this as they get their tyres direct from Michelin and only sell Michelin. So I have had my new ones fitted to the back and old ones to the front. I should add I wasnt perfectly legal at 15k... lol I went and checked and was on the limit.

So I am now perfectly legal once again.
Do costco have a fitting centre? If so, how much fitted from there?

tiTTy & SV650

costco provide the tyres Exalto 2s are £75 + VAT and then its £2 for fitting and balancing. £2 for 1-4 tyres that is I think.

4 tyres have 20% off just now too, you need to order the tyres in advance.

Lee

BMW M2C

Had mine fitted this morning. I knew my old ones were bad but had no idea how bad.

It now goes straight, I can pull away without any worry of wheel spin, unless I get over enthusiastic and the steering isnt heavy now. It was getting really nasty on full lock due to the tyres having no shoulders at all.

Certainly not cheap tyres, but Ill be sticking with them.

Ive just gone past 25000, but there was 15000 on when I had it. The front drivers side is looking a little low, but the other three are fine. Maybe my tracking is screwed. LOL.

I was thinking of buying either one or two tyres and rotating the others, that should see me right. I do thrash it a little but working in Birmingham I am mostly doing A road stuff.

Orange 182

Just had my 12k service and apparently I still have 4mm on the fronts and 6mm on the back.

Pretty chuffed with that as I certainly like to caine it now and then. ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Trail182 on 09 March 2005
Just had my 12k service and apparently I still have 4mm on the fronts and 6mm on the back.Pretty chuffed with that as I certainly like to caine it now and then. ;)

I had 4mm on my fronts at the 12k service too. By 13300 Id used all that. Brand and Santa Pod did that for me.