ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how long do you get out of your front pads?

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
hi peeps, just wondering how long people get out of there track day pads as i have just gone through a set of ds2500 in 4 track days which seems a bit excesive.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds about right tbh, remember brake wear is massively increased when your pads are hot.

I have went through a set of Pagid RS29s, which are an endurance spec pad, on my megane in 3 trackdays including one at Spa and 5 Ring laps. RS250 brakes run HOT so next year I'm planning on getting some proper ducting sorted as the Pagids are not cheap

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
oh ok , its just on my old pulsar i had willwoods with some hawk htc pads in which had done 6 trackdays and were only 1/3 worn if that.
but if thats about right for the clio then i will just have to lump it.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Only have experience of yellowstuffs and ds2500's at moment. Yellowstuffs 1 or 2 trackdays max (depending on track and how long a day it was ), and a mate killed off some ds2500's in 2 days also (that was a long day at Mallory and then a long day at Bedford SEN ,mostly with a passenger ). He has moved onto the Pagid RS-4's and I,m going to try out Bluestuffs, Carbon lorraines and ds3000's in that order probably , and see which I get on with the best.