ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long do you keep your cars for??????????

tiTTy & SV650
had my 205gti for a year, had the 182 for 2 years now, wont be selling it anytime soon, not worth it IMO

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Kept my Renault 5 GTS 4 Years, Clio 1.8 RSi 12 Month & Current 172 2 Years up to now ;)

al

ST on the way...
Gazeratti said:
Kept my Renault 5 GTS 4 Years, Clio 1.8 RSi 12 Month & Current 172 2 Years up to now ;)

I had an R5 GTS! ;)

Can't think why you got shut of the RSi??? :S

Kept for 2 years.

Burgandy 174 sport t
F499 JGA 6 weeks
K515BSC 10 months
SA02XOK 2 yrs
SE53CHL 9 months
SA54USG 18 months
SP02KFC 4 months and counting

Monaco Blue 172
i personally had at least 6yrs out of my old rover, has been in the family for over 12 years. Its now going to my sister's b/f to live out the rest of its days :D

picked up my 172 yesterday and havent stopped smiling yet :D

i'll be keeping it for at least 2 years, maybe more depending on running costs once I have a company car foisted on me :(

GT, Valver, BMW
my first couple of cars i kept them about 2 yrs,but since i've gone onto renos its been a different story :D

my silver 96 valver ive had her for 8 years and in no hurry to get rid of her,and my clio cup ive had her nearly 3 years now and is like new so shes going no where.

E91 M Sport
JonJon said:
Jeez, for those of you that keep your cars for 12months or less, how much money are you losing?!

The only losses tend to be mods which never make any money (and possibly detract value)....never buy brand new, the older the better, and make sure its not a Rover, Alfa or anything thats not popular.

Golf R/Leon FR
h reg clio 1.2 rl - 18 months(got written off)
X reg 1.2 8v mtv - 2 yrs
X reg Ph-quick - 15 months to present day

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I drove a 1.2 8V before the 182 for 3 years or so but it was my ladies really, got her a pug 206 and a little after that part ex'd the old clio for a new 182.
good move love it. My own first call really.

172 cup
first and second cars were crappy fiesta's, probably a couple of years between them

mk2 golf 16v gti kept for 5 years 100,000 miles, i think i have at last found a car that is as good in the 172 so who knows how long i will keep this one

Clio 182
I keep my cars until it gets to the point where it keeps breaking and im having to spend money on it. But then every car i have had upto now has been at least 7 years old apart from my 182. Im hoping to keep this until its paid for, 5 years

49 cars in 17 years mwahahahaha im addicted! Clio been the longest by a long way nearly year.......................

............hmmmm Autotrader out tomorrow.......

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
had this a year and 2 months, only been driving it for 4 months, spent £2,500 on it and although its mental fun to drive i want more power... never selling this car tho not worth enough to be worth selling with 124k on the clock, so this will more than likely be a hybrid soon

Golf R
The Trophy is my 6th car in 8.5 years of driving and hopefully it'll be with me the longest yet.

Had my 1st for 9 months, 2nd for 2.5 years. 3rd for 2 years, 4th for 9 months, 5th for 19 months, the Trophy i've had for 4 fun months :approve:

3 MPS, MX5
Mine depends on how well or not so well the business is doing, but on average about 6 a year, although I now know I'm not unusual in wanting to keep changing.;)

Favourite: Audi S4 V8 tuned to 400bhp and still N/A:approve:

Most enjoyable: Porsche 550 Boxster S

Best Value for money fun car: Clio 182

Most head turning: Clio V6

Best allrounder: Golf R32 tuned to 300bhp

Most embarrasing: Saxo 1.1 :eek: (taken in P/X against a Clio 172)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i usually only last about a year a car. on the 182 for 9mnths now and for sale. lol