ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many left

Williams 2, STi N12

OK, I live in Brighton and travelled to my home town of Skipton for a nice long weekend in the country.

Having spent a total of about 12-14 hrs on the road, I saw ONE other 16V plus a GTT. So I am asking the question....where are they all??? How many 16Vs and Willys are left do ya think??

mk2 172

there seems to be an influx of valvers round donny ltely, bet theres about ten. two williams too. saw 3 other williams about lately too in lincolnshire

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

I think Ive seen 2 Willys ever and usually see a few vavlers around Notts. Theres 5 million billion trillion of them 1.2 16v mk3 Clios though, every day I see 50 billion trillion k million!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Theres sh*tloads in Hinckley - must see at least 1 a day - one day i saw about 5 + a V6! GTTs are getting pretty rare though :(

Quote: Originally posted by zedx19 on 05 March 2003

I think Ive seen 2 Willys ever and usually see a few vavlers around Notts. Theres 5 million billion trillion of them 1.2 16v mk3 Clios though, every day I see 50 billion trillion k million!

I think ive only seen 2 Willys as well. There are lots of the 1.2 16v around, but for a good reason, theyre good cars!

Williams 2, STi N12

Could anybody do a search with the member stats to see the national spread of them and totals?? Cant be that many left can they?? I know that Willy production totals but what about the valver?? Maybe just a 16V and Willy meet is on the cards??

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

They are good cars, well specd and nippy so Ive heard members on here say! I tend to see a few 172s about as well, lots of mk2 172s but only remember seeing 1 on the first lot of bug eyed 172s.

Ive only seen 2 williams in 3 years (other than my own)...

Come to think of it Ive seen only one valver in the past year too...

Theres no doubting though.. the williams are becoming like rocking horse poo... so are the GTTs for that matter

Only seen two willys in Cornwall, ( one of them I see every day, localy with the same owner since new) although every now and then there seems to be 2 or 3 in the South West Auto Trader at a time then nothing for months.......theres about three nice 16vs around here, one cup and four 172s (including mine!)......loads of 1.2 16vs and modded Novas and Saxos etc..

we have a willy and a valver oh and soon to be 3 mk 2 172s in our work carpark i see about 1-2 gtts everyday and lots of 1.2s :D

They are good cars, well specd and nippy so Ive heard members on here say! I tend to see a few 172s about as well, lots of mk2 172s but only remember seeing 1 on the first lot of bug eyed 172s.

Prepare to be flamed!

we also have and subaru STI 8 MY03, STI7 MY02 and a MY00 GT, also mitsubishi galant vr4, twin turbo supra, lots of big bmws and mercs noit bad really

Theres not many exotic cars on the business park where i am. Theres a lift company with a load of Renault vans though! The only nice cars are a Jag XJR, BMW M5 and my dads cars, and of course my clio!

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 05 March 2003

Prepare to be flamed!
Dont care if he calls my car bug eyed thats his opinion and was mine the first time I saw one.

I would have been just has happy with a mk 1 172 and chose mine coz it was the best deal/newest car I could find at the price I wanted to pay.

I love it and am luky enough to have the pleasure of driving it every day...(I remenber when I couldnt aford a car, and only dreamed of having a car like a shiny new 172) :D

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Anders im in Brighton - i saw a williams in Brighton the other day - was it you??

There is 1 red V6 - 1 16v - 1 Williams in Steyning area near me.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Grrrrrr...They are not bug eyed:mad:...Actually they are a little. but I think they look better than the new breed tho...just my opinion

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Didnt say that they looked bad, just that they are bug eyed which they are! The headlights do give the appearance of a bug!

TT 225

Theres a few Willys near me. Jons (2Live), mine, Cols and Geds, valvers theres Adis 16v (with new williams engine) Clean 16v and Mikey 16v too! And those are just the people Ive met thru Cliosport - ive seen a few others knocking around too

There are a couple of Cups I see in the city centre (Manchester) too :)

Williams 2, STi N12

Still think we need to get the admin team on producing a map detailing how many cars and what models there are in each area. Maybe the regional area reps can do it for there own back yard?

theres mine + 3 other Clio Williams in jersey.

lots of normal clio RTs up to 1.8i 16V clios

lots of cups and 172 sports and 1.2>

i think half the population in jersey must have a clio parked in their drive way. :)

loads round here too and its seriously pissing me off

two years ago i was one of two valver owners but now there are more than 10 in my town, really annoying dont feel like im driving anything special anymore but at least mine is the best and fastest one lol

i know 5 of the valver owners too. victim of its own success i guess. they all saw mine and just copied me. this is when it more exclusive to own a willy

wongy

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

I hardly ever see another Williams on the road. Seen a couple in the last year(apart from at meets), and those who know me will know I do some miles.

Couple of 16v;s in the area, and have seen another 1, 2 and 3 locally. Hardly ever spot them though,.

I see more 172s than 16V and willys, infact, i never see any!!!

Nowt.....and for a city!

No, i lie, i have seen 2 that belong to people i dont know......

CTR EK9 turbo

around me theres a fair few of each.

I seen 2 blue 16vs in my town, including my bro who saw Ian H-(think his has a big body kit)

Williams parked down my road (ages ago, didnt get the reg!!)

172s theres VR6MAN silver mk.1 172, me silver mk.1 172, jimblive (i think) near me blue mk.1 172, sjd172 mk.2 172 i think, sawa172 (i may be wrong here too) i think lives around guild? or have a dreamt some of these!!? sorry if ive got it wrong.

seen one CUP near to Devils punchbowl, and my girlfriend saw a CUP in Guildford station park and ride car park today! (well, yesterday)

A few V6s in Guildford, one of which i got a ride in and Philglover drove!!! jammy git!

also in guild a fair few 16vs including Nev16v silver, a white one that i raced and was pretty darn rapid - he let me drive it (loved the induction noise!), and another willy or 2 in guild - one is a regular with numberplate **** RRJ.

Suzuki SV650

Not seen a Willy in Stafford yet, seen a couple of valvers and one modded RSi and a few modded RT/RN/RL 1.2/1.4s as per usual but thats it.

I hadnt seen many 172s about till I bought my mK1 172!! Now the Mk2 172s are everywhere. 1.2 16Vs are very much in abundance though. I had no end of problems selling my 01 1.2 16V becuase there are just too many of them on the road. Everyone buys them because of the free/low insurance which is great but how many 1.4s or 1.6s do you ever see?

BenR - yeah Bristol has loads and loads of 172s. I see them parked up in Redland/Clifton (must be company cars).

But I hardly see any 16vs and Willys. Ive seen about 8 16vs and 3 Willys in the Bristol/Bath area - which is a big area population-wise.

The Willy is obviously the rarest, though the 16v is a bit too. The best thing is that youll always see a real 16v/Willy - its very difficult to make a copy like you can of a VTS with a West Coast or something.

The reason we seem to be seeing more is that theyre getting cheaper and starting to fall into the hands of people who cruise around town in them.

1200 williams originally... take away all those that have been smashed to bits and Im betting there are no more than 8-900 left in the country...

Which is why I intend to keep mine in top nick... classic in the making.