ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how many miles will my engine do

1.4 8v energy, its on 131k it runs fine and well looked after how long will the bottom end hold up whats gonna break! whats the highest mileage energy on here? do engines lose power with age?

Well, u may have some very old parts on ure car at the mo - Old gasketts,filters, motors, etc. The best thing to do if you want to keep it running is to get a new fuel filter (about 8quid if that) vrey easy to fit, which should keep ure engine being supplied with the cleanest juice possible. Then make an oil change - make sure yours isnt black coz then you really have to change it! Check all your fuses to keep your electrics working. Make sure your cam belt is in good shape coz judging by your millage (unless uve changed it recently) it could be in a state and you really dont want that snapping.

All of these things (bar the electrics) would adversly affect performance if not adhered to............... There are lotsa other none expensive things you could do.... P.S Sorry if you know all this!!!

keep meaning to do a fuel filter change, oil is due for a change cam belt i did along with headgasket 6months ago, is the fuel filter under the car?

Regular oil changes and look after it and youll probably see it past 200k. Just dont neglect those little noises that you hear and usually think nothing of. They dont appear for no reason.

Its funny that most people think that once a car gets to 100k miles then its all down hill. If you look after an engine it shouldnt give you any trouble.

I was speaking to the owner of a R5 turbo (owned it from new) last year, he said it was just about to hit 250,000 miles and all he had replaced was the turbo and 2 clutches.

The bearings will eventually wear and you will hear strange noises, but there are all items that can be replaced quite easily.

im on 100k and aint got no history of the car before 80k so worried about wot i should change!

i think i will change the fuel filter as its probably full of crap!

Apparently 1.4 8v never break! the amount ive seen TT throw away is immence

Well i changed my fuel filter yesterday believe it or not - i then realised that i had been 15bhp down because my fuel filter was so knackered that it had a water globdule (if that how you spell it) inside it which was blocking fule feed to the engine. TomTom - the fuel filter is under the drivers side rear wheel. Just jack the car up by the rear drivers wheel (dont need to take it off) You will see the fuel filter straight away. Its a cylinder which has two hoses attching to either end. Simply get a jug, put it under the fuel filter, undo the clips that attach the cables to the filter and the clamp that holds the filter to the underside (usually a torx bolt) - remove it and then fit the other. The jug is there to catch the cmall amount of fuel that comes out. Remember to clamp the fuel tank end of the hose/cable otherwise fule might piss out!

The car may splutter a bit when you initially start it up but thats just the filter being primed. Its so easy to do and so worth it... welll worth £8 any day of the week!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

change the oil regulary,change the cambelt @ the reqd intervals,change the coolant once in a while and dont abuse the engine to much and the engine will outlive the car.

My 1.4 8v is just coming up to 100k, bought her on 40k 3 year back so shes done a fair few miles, bless her. Not had owt expensive go though, wheel bearings need doing now but this is first thing, still not engine though is it! Hoping it lasts forever seen as I plan on keeping it some time yet

Might outlast the car and may die the next day. Most likely if treated with some care will last longer than the car.

Age is more important IMO than milage in cars. 100k on my dci would likly to be as bad as 10k on an old Clio. Wear depends on loads of conditions. If the cars done a long run all its life big mileages should be fine.