ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many of these faults are common on a 197?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Personally I'd have given that back and walked away, I know you're meant to check before you buy but like you said it's an 'approved' car and shouldn't have needed checking.

Fiesta STripes
Here is what they call "Respraying a panel":

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

How did they do it? Dulux roller, tip ex and red dye, and to finish it off, sandpaper???

The rest of the paint on the car is mint though!

The car is now in their hands, I am giving them the opportunity to fix the problems that there are with the car, and if they do a good job, I will stop moaning, but if they don't, then there name will be plastered everywhere for their poor service ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Should you no have done your homework first?

1. The car should not have those stickers because its not an R27, so if they are fited, why?

2. The quarter is rough as a bears arse, with s**t paint and buffer trails...... did you not notice?

Fiesta STripes
Should you no have done your homework first?

1. The car should not have those stickers because its not an R27, so if they are fited, why?

2. The quarter is rough as a bears arse, with s**t paint and buffer trails...... did you not notice?

1. They offered them too me, and I accepted

2. It's amazing what turtle wax covers up - paint was the first thing I look at and swirls as my best two mates do detailing

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Offered what, the stickers?

Also the bump strips that are hanging off, are the N/S no? This is the side that has seen paint?...again alarm bells would be rininging if it were me tbh

Fiesta STripes
Offered what, the stickers?

Also the bump strips that are hanging off, are the N/S no? This is the side that has seen paint?

Yes they offered the F1 stickers, I kind of think they look bare without them. And yes, the bumpstrip started to come away after about 2-3 days after I picked it up!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmmmm strage as the bump strips are clipped on, not stuck, so not sure why they started to come away? tbh some of the shut lines can be a bit iffy as the front wings are plastic on most Renaults (saftey thing)