ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many people on here actually race? Pics and championship

Clio 172 Cup
Seen over a few threads there have been quite a few race car builds and some really good track day car's being made. Who on here actually races? Post a picture or pictures of your car and tell us which championship and class you race in. Doesn't have to be Clio related!

182cup & 172 racecar
2-wheel-drive.jpg

tony-hunter-005.jpg

Hi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Plenty of racers on here mate, although there are more people building race cars that'll never race but that's another story. Currently race a Clio 182 in the TARC Tricolore Trophy with tony and a few other members on here. Have previously raced in the LMA Euro Saloon championship in a Leon Supercopa aswell a few years back.
Russ
ry4a6adu.jpg

2014TricoloreRockinghamRace198_zpsc412322a.jpg

yhysazu5.jpg

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
Used to. Although not very successfully. Went through a few engines.

543724_402278923144188_894904792_n.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Guess I need to post up myself. I race in the BRSCC Mazda MX5 Championship car #15. Pics from when I first took delivery of the car. Few little bits have changed now but car looks respectively the same.

DSC_0081_zpsa1841f48.jpg

DSC_0082_zps54d30d50.jpg

DSC_0083_zps9a942c86.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I currently do Sprints and Hillclimbs. Does that count?

Previously done Road and Stage Rallying, Rallycross, Autograss / Banger Racing (local club), Landrover Trialling (local club) and Landrover Comp Safaris (local club).
Everything done on a very limited budget, some things in borrowed vehicles! (very trusting friends)

Not currently but still hold my licence each year
Raced f600 ,r5turbo,216gti in super coupe , caterham , westfield and in karts 100 britain ,100 national ,formula a and laterly rotax max

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've raced both nationally & at club level in karts. Also done a bit in cars. I'm a registered ards instructor, but don't do so much these days, got a proper job now lol.

Only images I've got on this pc (work comp)

cars059.jpg

CPMSpic.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Exclusive
Nope got a real job now (in England) haha but hopefully get a race nearer the end of the end of the season in another MX5 my Dad is going to build this time on his own. He's running our old MX5's red/white and yellow and Steven Ward in his ST this season at Knockhill.

The new MX5 when finished will also be available for arrive and drive hire :D

Remember to like us on Facebook ;) https://www.facebook.com/HastonRacing

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Racing MaX5 again this year in car #28. 2nd overall last year and currently leading after the first round this season... long way to go though!

Our series is less 'competitive' (ie. requires less money to be thrown at it to get to the front) than the other MX-5 championships, so general concensus is that we're slower drivers. It's probably the case but it's great fun anyway :)

donny.jpg

silver.jpg

Got videos but they are long and boring so I'll spare you, haha. Need to to a Burpspeed-style highlights reel :)

Last edited:
  Forester STi SG9
Might go to a sprint or two at Curborough this year. Don't know if you can call that racing but for my budget and the rather major factor being that I don't have a race license that is probably the closest I will come to racing.

Whatever I do, though, I will be doing it in my Tiger GTA mazda sdv. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140417_171204-1.jpg
    IMG_20140417_171204-1.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 93
  Aston Martin Vantage
I've done a fair bit over the last years. This year racing this beauty in British GT's

13914222244_facfaf23df.jpg
[/URL]2-05 by curlyapplehead, on Flickr[/IMG]

Onboard from a test earlier in the year around Snet:

First round is this weekend at Oulton Park, many people off here coming along?

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Guess I need to post up myself. I race in the BRSCC Mazda MX5 Championship car #15. Pics from when I first took delivery of the car. Few little bits have changed now but car looks respectively the same.

DSC_0081_zpsa1841f48.jpg

DSC_0082_zps54d30d50.jpg

DSC_0083_zps9a942c86.jpg

finishline are about half a mile up the road from me, always got MG's and Mazda's race cars outside

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
are you racing this year? If so what in? I'm always up at knockhill to watch the racing as I can't afford to myself so just stick to trackdays!

He works for me now!! ....that's not a lie either! I've already convinced him to buy a Clio, just got to get him to turn it in to a race car and compete against us in ours.

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
Here's a few pics of ours.

We've done a number of races in CSCC TinTops and are continuing to do so this year. There's 3 of us who share the car, so, for a "team" the TinTops works out a little better for us vs the Tricolore Trophy.

ChaseRacing2013-Donington-53-23_zps9a5762a5.jpg
ChaseRacing2013-Donington-390-64_zps0ce6057f.jpg

IMAG0590_1_zpsbf3bd9c8.jpg

A full history of what we've done over the last 2 years is on our website - http://chaseracing.co.uk

And there's a selection of videos on our youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1HxV8GlsxjpokFXIrM9WVQ

Swift Sport
My mates are trying to talk me into doing a race series next year. Cheapest way would be to do the Curborough Sprint Championship which is minutes from my house. I keep watching BRSCC videos of the Mazda MX-5 Championship, which doesn't look massively expensive (but I bet it is!).