ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many rattles form your clio ?

LY V6 with Recaros
Luckily, I don't have many. Just one somewhere in my drivers side door handle.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The rear parcel shelf squeaks and something rattles under the bonnet when I go over bumps, I have no idea what. Could be the engine cover, God knows.

Could be the ecu bracket..... common problem

Breaking A 172 Replica
My nearside door has started creaking. I can't work out what it is and it really f***s me off.

Of course the sun roof creaks, but I have found I have got used to that now. I just don't hear it unless I am making a concious effort to listen out for it.

I also get a squeaking when I realise the brake pedal.

Tbh it doesn't really bother me. I just wish the car felt more solid and the doors made a clunking sound as opposed to sounding like f**king symbols crashing when closing.

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
My seat squeeks some times and the interior light on the roof rattles when i turn my SUB right up, but i just pushed it hard forward and it jammed in tight now and it dosent! :p

Funny thing is, when I got my car 4 months ago, 2 things rattled, now a lot rattles. and a lot is parts/places I never touch/go near so it cant be me causing them.

- Sunroof - find me a mk2 clio without a rattly sunroof
- Drivers door - if the car had door pins (buttons that pop up fron top of door card like on vauxhalls etc.) I'd say it was them as thats what it sounds like
- Either drivers door card, sill trim plastic or the plastic up the pillar covering the drivers seatbelt
- Glovebox makes a kinda springy rattling sound like a rattlesnake - almost constantly, unless you push the lid right in past the point where it catches onto the release catch thingy
- rattle from passenger side door card when car is idling.
- rattle from front passenger seat
- brake pedal squeaks as does handbrake when you pull it up

I WILL get all of them sorted.

Clio 1.4 16V
Does anyones spoiler vibrate mine does when i have the music turned up and so do the doors. Can any one relate to this.

Shed.
chuffing irony. my drivers door now rattels. and the lid of that thing has come loose (ht eblack thing underneath the rear seats) and spueaks like f**k now.

dan. turn the bass down. When im playing ghetto s**t lol, my car rattels. the whloe thing.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Mines not bad.

1. Sunroof rattles when going over rough road surfaces.
2. Drivers window sometimes rattles when halfway down. (Also on rough surfaces).
3. Slight creak from the drivers seat, but don't hear that too often as the stereo usually drowns that out.

None of the above annoy me though, it's all part of it's character. ;)

haha lol, i have that buzzing accelerator? what is it?

only rattle i got is glovebox and one seatbelt not sure which one.. only happens on a bumpy road

glove box , plus the dashboard creaks , the boot board as i got a spare wheel in and it doesn't sit right .

MINI Cooper S
Drivers door squeeks when going over bumps sometimes and passenger door kind of creaks which does my head in! Other than that nothing really, so not bad considering my cars a 98 reg lol

BMW F31
1. sunroof
2. near side rear quarter/parcel shelf (the most annoying out of all the squeeks in the car!!)