ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how many times has you clio let you down

Covered in bird s**t
In 6 months I've had a steering wheel that creaked like a creaky door, 2 new wheel bearings, broken hazard light switch, heater blower stopped working, wouldn't start a few times and 2 new headlight bulbs, and the foglights stopped working. The joys, eh? A few things I blame on a certain Mr A.Clark though tbh :mad:

172 ph2
Once... had been to the pub after work for a meal. Only had 1 drink and it went straight to my head for some reason so I decided against driving home and went back into work for a while.

Came out to the car an hour or so later and it wouldn't start and I could smell petrol. Called the recovery, took about 2 hours for them to bloody turn up.. fixed in 2 minutes... fuel injection rail/lead (i think...) had somehow come off between my parking in the morning and coming out to the car 10 hours later!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
My 172 has let me down twice and both were horrible places to break down, lucky never anything major as of yet.

One was old battery

Fuel relays were corroded and popped, just replaced them and everything is fine.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
ive had mine since may this year the ecu wiped itself not letting me close my windows or lock doors,the diesel prima bulb wasd leaking aswell as the pushfit connectors making my car suck air into the system so not great so far lol

14' Leon Cupra 280
My 1st two years of ownership were great, nothing bad at all...then from Jan-May 2008 i had exhausts mounts replaced, 2 rear struts, lambda sensor, new alternator, new engine mounts. Also usual suspension creaks and leaking washer jet. When i sold it the exhaust mounts had worn again, wheel bearings we iffy along with the 4k rattle :(

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I've had my 172 Cup since February 2007 and has suffered from:

Snapped exhaust. Caused mainly by an oversized speedhump, but also by apparently being made of chocolate...

Knackered rear damper. Started knocking, then leaked oil over my drive.

Nothing else so far, it has been a paragon of reliability. 10000 miles and an average of 36 mpg.

Now, if this was a Peugeot 405 Mi16x4 owners forum, this list would be a whole lot longer....

RB 200 Cup!
my 1.6 three times- twicecos of ignition coils and once cos i ran out of petrol ;)

my black 172 - once cosi ran out of petrol ;)

my flamer - havent run out of petrol yet ;)

clio sport 182
had the 182 a year now,iv had steering and brakes fail at the same time when i was coming of the moorway,engine turned its self off,gear gaiter just broke for sum reason,my dashboard s like blackpool illuminations from time to time,roof strip came off,engine cover cracked,lack of power,engine blew up and finally to date the final drive seal has gone even after the engine rebuild

A silver one
Multiple times, but all because of the same fault and not being able to get it diagnosed. Flywheel sensor had gone, but occasionally would start with no problems, so no garage could find the problem.

Had it since last April.

BMW F21 125d
I had my 172 three weeks when the Xenon Ballast gave up - £260.

Other than that, had it 9 months now, and normal wear and tear only. Exhaust Brackets, Brakes and washer jets, and thats it!

BMW M135i
2.5 years and 3 clios and none of them failed on me. Few problems but nothing that stopped me from getting anywhere.