ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how many washes does your car get in winter?

Clio RS
I just clean the wheels and the innerwells? don't know the exact word in english
took the most of the snow and salty snow off yesterday.

don't want the wash it... it's still freezing -8 so...

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I used to drive my MK1 RSi 1.8 8v for 35K miles a year. I used to commute for 130 miles a day. I didn't wash it for 1 month during last winter and when i did, all the bonnet, front wings and doors looked like they were artistically painted.

White lines under the color and the car was polished with Autoglym wax ready for winter.

MK2 Clio
in summer mine gets 3-4 but in winter it has to suffer for 1 - 2 a week thats about 60 miles a week

172 RS Ph1
Mine gets pressure washed every sunday morning in the winter. Just taking off the road salt so it wont harm the paint.

Going to apply the winter protection tomorow, 1 layer of 476S and 1 of 845 (both Collinite) should last whole winter.

A fair few washes, but not at the moment because the hose pipes frozen!

Washed it by bucket last week... Enjoy the cleaning not the cold

CLIO 172 CUP....
ever weekend sunday, i did give the car a good going over last friday and it looked f**king mint untill it snow...:( but all the snow has cleared up so it gonna be geting a good clean and polish tomorrow....

182 FF (Black Gold)
Just done mine this afternoon, had to use the bucket method as the outside hose is frozen! Ha!! All nice and clean, you have to dry it afterwards as it turns to ice very very quick :D!!

Mine gets pressure washed every sunday morning in the winter. Just taking off the road salt so it wont harm the paint.

Going to apply the winter protection tomorow, 1 layer of 476S and 1 of 845 (both Collinite) should last whole winter.

A wee bit late into winter my friend, first frost has come and gone! What have you been doing?! :)

Inferno Orange 182
So its not worth doing after every wash during winter?

Is it best just to wash and dry then leaving it?

A good wax applied correctly will last many washes. No point re-waxing after every wash, although you could use a spray wax / sealant / detailer for some slight added protection if you really wanted.

Washing and drying will suffice once a wax is applied.

Inferno Orange 182
also, how often does it need re waxing then?

cheers

Depending on the wax and the time of year etc, around every 3 months is recommended although it can last longer / shorter respectively. Once water stops beading on the paint so well then it's time to top up your protection.

Arctic 182
A wee bit late into winter my friend, first frost has come and gone! What have you been doing?! :)

I'm in the same boat –*had planned to get a coat of 476 on last week, but I dare not put it on for fear of it being a b1tch to get off again in this freezing weather!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Depending on the wax and the time of year etc, around every 3 months is recommended although it can last longer / shorter respectively. Once water stops beading on the paint so well then it's time to top up your protection.

ok nice one, do you just tend to wash, dry, then finish now? This is what i may do then.

Inferno Orange 182
ok nice one, do you just tend to wash, dry, then finish now? This is what i may do then.

Currently *looks outside at snow / ice / frost* I don't do a lot! When I can though I just wash, dry and top up with my Werkstat Acrylic Jett spray sealant if needed. The paint was protected just before this cold spell though, so it should be ok for a while.

Not a 320d
As little as possible, i let the sealant bear the crap. If it gets really bad ill wash it but if not then ill leave it till the better weather gets here.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The snow stripped the FK sealant and colly 476 straight off my car.

No point in doing much else. I'll just PC it before i sell it in spring.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I washed mine this morning. My hands still hurt from the cold. Won't be repeating that experience for a while if I can help it!!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
not done mine for at least 2 months now, what's the best way of moving the salt/grim on it before washing it with a wash mit...

Clio 182
I do the Arc £1.50 special not much point tho, if only to get the s**t of the windows, and salt off

2005 Clio Sport 182
In Bradford ther's handcarwashes on most main roads from £3.00! Which ever car im in gets a wash every few days!