ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much %age increase!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Mine is due 31st March on all three cars.

I’m waiting for the hilarious renewal offer from Admiral multi-car, but ran some quotes on each and it’s only gone up £350 or so in total across all three. Most of that is due to change of address (seems more expensive to insure in our new postcode which is weird).

So all in all, not as bad as I thought.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Our Admiral multi-car went from £1k last year to £1.5k, now back down to £1.2k after some “negotiation”. TT pretty much stayed the same at £200, but the mini doubled (due to the windscreen claim no doubt) and the X5 went up 25% because, well, its an X5.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Wife renewed her Evoque policy in January for £370. We sold it yesterday and the woman that bought it rang me last night asking who we insured it with, because her current insurer wanted £400 initial payment then £200 a month 😂😂

Would have thought she’d sort insurance before buying the car.

She text me this morning to say she’d finally got it down to £750, so double what we were paying.

She lives in North Yorkshire near the coast and is probably in her late 60’s god knows why it is double what we were paying.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
My GR86 with Aviva went from £630 (as part year) to new quote of £1050 🤯 shopped around and go it for £550 😃

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Wife renewed her Evoque policy in January for £370. We sold it yesterday and the woman that bought it rang me last night asking who we insured it with, because her current insurer wanted £400 initial payment then £200 a month 😂😂

Would have thought she’d sort insurance before buying the car.

She text me this morning to say she’d finally got it down to £750, so double what we were paying.

She lives in North Yorkshire near the coast and is probably in her late 60’s god knows why it is double what we were paying.

So she bought it and drove it home, before looking at insurance?

Hope she didn't collect a speeding ticket on the way home too.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

I’m waiting for the hilarious renewal offer from Admiral multi-car, but ran some quotes on each and it’s only gone up £350 or so in total across all three. Most of that is due to change of address (seems more expensive to insure in our new postcode which is weird).

I’m not surprised it’s more expensive around here, you’ll get used to the extra bumming though.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Our admiral multi car policy went from £600 to £900.. shopped around and cheapest I could find elsewhere was £1300 with black boxes 😳 removed the £100 for AA recovery and got a separate policy for £30 from a broker.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Had a few renewals come through for mine from Greenlight

Kangoo - £350 (£50 up)
Blue 225 £350 (£50 up
Trophy £350 - same as last year.

Not a massive increase. I reckon my clio dci's will see an increase as with elephant, policy is up in July.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Had a few renewals come through for mine from Greenlight

Kangoo - £350 (£50 up)
Blue 225 £350 (£50 up
Trophy £350 - same as last year.

Not a massive increase. I reckon my clio dci's will see an increase as with elephant, policy is up in July.
What sort of mileage do you have for them? Mines for 10k but I only did 3.5 last year so I might half it come renewal time.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What sort of mileage do you have for them? Mines for 10k but I only did 3.5 last year so I might half it come renewal time.
2-3 thou miles each. Lucky to do anywhere near that in the trophy and blue meg.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Rang Admiral today. Got it down to only £250 more than I currently pay, across all three cars. Pretty chuffed with that tbh.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
house insurance was £426.58 renewal came in at £673.63

managed to get it for £585....

good cover with legal cover and home assistance, but still a big jump from last year

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Renewal price has come through from Admiral for my 182 and X5. 182 has pretty much stayed the same but they want £2.5k for the X5!!

Not properly looked yet but a quick search and it's still going to be around £1.2k just for the X5. FML.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I recently got a quote for a megane RS as a second car. Today I added my son to see how much it would be 😂.
IMG_20240322_151337.jpg

He got a quote for an i20n for £2300 which wasn't too bad really.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just insured my 18 year old son on his first car a 1.25 Fiesta…..£3000 wtf 😳
Just renewed my son's fiesta for £2300 for his 2nd year but without a black box. It's even more painful because he's starts in the RAF next month so it will mostly be sat just building up his no claims bonus.
The fiesta is the most stolen car in south Yorkshire apparently so that doesn't help. Did he listen though? Did he hell 🙄.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
What's the sweetspot nowadays for getting renewal quotes? Our admiral policy is up for renewal end of May, start shopping around end of April, or is that too late?

Fingers crossed it'll come down a bit.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Just insured my 18 year old son on his first car a 1.25 Fiesta…..£3000 wtf 😳
One of my mates passed recently, we were looking and it was cheaper to insure him on a 2l TT than a 1.0 fiesta. He’s in his early 20s though so probably makes a difference.
3k is crazy, I paid about £1400 at 17, that was a few years ago now though, with a black box on a 1.2 Clio.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
One of my mates passed recently, we were looking and it was cheaper to insure him on a 2l TT than a 1.0 fiesta. He’s in his early 20s though so probably makes a difference.
3k is crazy, I paid about £1400 at 17, that was a few years ago now though, with a black box on a 1.2 Clio.
Started reading that and thought he had died 😂

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
The fewer seats the better, the biggest outlay for insurers of the young is injury claims, if you only one mate in your car vs four that is immediately reduced also you’re less likely to be goaded on by one mate than four etc etc. Stolen rates and the like don’t really matter too much.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Absolute killer getting insurance this year. Admiral Multicar policy renewal is coming back at a smidge under £2.4K for our three cars (Leon Cupra, Toyota Estima and the Cup). When ringing around I’m just getting either “sorry we won’t even entertain your postcode” or “we can’t even compete with the renewal so just snap their hands off”.

So I’ve rang Admiral back today and managed to get another couple of hundred quid off to take the sting off.

Hopefully next year will be better (probably not…).

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
My Renewal came through on the S-Max recently, due Mid-April. £353, up from £282.
Rang my insurer and the best they could do was £330.

Equivalent policy with someone else, £272.
Hot Dog, we have a weiner!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Had an increase on the Clio renewal this year from Sterling, £470 up from £415.